Paul McCartney - Brother's Best Friend

This is kinda written from Paul's pov:)

When Paul met his little brother's friend he was extremely confused. He'd spoken to Mike to find she was 'just a friend' and that Mike didn't have any special interest in her whatsoever. And yet she was always at the house growing up. Maybe Paul didn't understand as he'd never really befriended girls. And his youngest friend was George, who was 17. This lass was 16, the same age as his brother, but still fascinating to him.

Of course, Paul knew better than to try anything but it was still funny to wind up Mike by asking questions about their friendship. When the band went to Hamburg, their lives changed from that point on and Paul had less time to see his brother, given that the two of them were busy all the time and Paul travelled. Not that this was an issue to either boy, they weren't necessarily close but had a mutual understanding of the other and overall a good relationship. They kept contact though; they knew it was what their mother would have certainly wanted from them.

So how was Paul to know that Mike was still friends with the pretty girl from when they were teenagers? And when Mike came to see a show of The Beatles in 1963, he brought (Y/N) (L/N). Who had grown up into this dark haired Brigette Bardot type.

"Sweet lord, (Y/N), you've grown."

She'd smiled at Paul like when she was younger but now she was a 20 year old woman. And Paul didn't feel as weird about the whole thing anymore.

"Oh it's Mikey and his wife" John had called out.

"She's not me wife, Lenny." Mike answered, hugging John with a firm pat on the back.

"Well, I'll 'ave her if you don't want her." He pulled away from Mike after a second and briefly embraced her too, politely kissing her cheek.

"Aren't you married, Lennon?" She crossed her arms, smirking.

"Sister-wives are a very common practise in some cultures. Have you met Cyn?" John quipped just as fast, almost everyone laughed at his sense of humour since he was a teenager and still did now he was an adult.

Ringo had appeared among everyone.

"Ah, Mike you remember Ringo, don't ye?" Paul brought him into the conversation.

"Yeah, course, y'aright mate."

"Hiya." It was to be expected that anyone who entered the group had their eyes drawn to the girl and Ringo was no different. Blatantly staring at a young girl whilst she had a young lad stood next to her seemed a bit rude. A lot of people did assume that Mike was her boyfriend or something and the two of them were so used to that assumption that they never bothered to correct it until it was brought up.

"That's (Y/N), Mike's friend." Paul informed his mate.

"Nice to meet ye'." He had to wonder for a second if Mike was just not interested in her or vice versa. In reality, it was both. They had watched each other grow up and were the closest of friends but a relationship would just feel like dating with a sibling.

"Yeah you too." She grinned.

When George decided to rock up next, he recognised the girl almost instantly. she used to sit on the front of his bus, in fact he was pretty sure he'd taken her friend dancing a couple of times when they were in school.

"I'll be damned, (Y/N) (L/N)."

"George Harrison. When did you get so tall?" She spoke rhetorically.

"Aye, right back at ya. Eyup Mike."

"Hiya George." Micheal greeted him, shaking hands with the taller man.