Being Like

Kara's P.O.V

Creepy.
Why am I in this house again?
I just want to complain a bit about the mistreatment of my younger brother, Ralph.
This foul mouth cute younger brother of mine from different parents.

"My name is Danillo Reyes. Everyone calls me Don Danny. You can call me Daddy."

The grand Boss of this place is in the wheelchair but I heard he can still walk using a crane but he likes sitting on his electric wheelchair.
He is just being lazy then.
To my opinion its bad for his health.
But who would lecture this madman?

Raphael retires and went to look for Ralph.
In short he ditch me here alone with this enthusiastic old man.
In my past life I want to be someone who have alot of connections but I failed big time.
Yet I dont want it now and they are knocking on my door forcefully.

"What are you thinking little sprout?"

"Can you call me Kara?"

"Then call me Dad."

"Sprout sounds a nice nick name." I grit my teeth and clench my fist.

Don Danillo is keenly observing Kara's expression. In this line of business, if one is a bit careless then they will die without realizing what killed them.
Kara gives him the sense of longing, sense of wanting to protect her and sense of wanting to be needed.
An innocent lamb among the wolves.
But he cant be too trusting.
Cant be careless.

"Little sprout, what about you stay here tonight?"

"What about No?"I smile.

"Why not? I have a huge house. If you want a bed with queen size or king size bed, I can provide it with all the other amenities."

"How about a No." I smile.

"The fresh air is good for youngsters like you. And the food can be compared to those 4 or 5 star restaurants."

"How about a No." I smile dazzlingly.

"How about I look for your dad then?"

I startled and look at the man in the wheelchair.
I realize he stops moving and just staring at me.

I look at his green eyes.
There is melancholy and mistrust in those clear eyes.

"If he wants to see me he will look for me but I wont look for him." I said sighing.
I walk behind him and starts manually pushing the wheelchair.

"Oh hoh~ I thought you are scared of me." The Big boss relax and lean on his comfy wheelchair and let her push him.

"I am only scared when my life is at risk. I believe Don Danny's word that he wont hurt me." I said as a matter of fact.

"You do know how unusual you are. Came here. Seen me kill people. Then still acts like a normal teenager in front of me. This old man dont know if you are fooling me by pretending you dont know or being stupid."

"I dont know what you meant or where is this talks going to but I am just an older sister. No more, no less."

"Impressive."

"You think Im lying?"

"No. That is why you are impressive because I know there's a trap but I still want to believe."

I smile.
"Then just believe. Can I hurt you? Who are you, who am I? Can I slight you?"

Don Danillo looks startled.
"You want me to believe you?"
There is melancholy and teasing in his smile.

I shrugged my shoulder.
"Im just considering my survival."

Don Danillo look straight ahead so I cant see his expression as I push the wheelchair ahead. I see his body tremble slightly.
Then I heard him laugh triumphantly.

"Hey you are not young anymore. Dont burden your health." I reprehend.

He looks at me with choked dosapproval then shakes his head and laugh again.

"D-dementia?" I ask.

"Sprout, you really am interesting."

"If I am then is it good?" I ask with a sigh.

"There is! I start to like you sprout."

I look at the old man.
Being like....by this old man....and being my father's daughter...isnt it like saying that my life is now as secure as the life of the President of the Philippines?
No, maybe even better?

"Little sprout, your mouth is salivating."

"Let it be. Im day dreaming."

"Hehe. If you like being like by me that much,being my daughter is even better."

"No.Thank you. So how much gain did I receive being like by you?"

"Gain?"

"Benefits,duh?"

Don Danillo frowns.
Eh?
Is that pushing it?

"You dont need to if you dont want." I said hurriedly.

"How about I ask Little Ralph of he wants to be a Reyes?"

"You'll do that for me? As in?"
My eyes widen.
Is this guy have some crack in his head? Better check.

"Is that not enough?"

"That is enough! Enough! Gawd. But you are willing to do that for a stranger than your own grandson?"

"I dont like that brat."

"How can you not like him? He is adorable but I dont like him at first too."

"I like who I like."

"Old Man.."

"Big Sis!"
Ralph see me and run to me.
He then look at the old man in the wheelchair with wary eyes.

"Good afternoon Don Danny." He said..

I pat Ralph's head.
"Little brat, do you want to have Reyes as your surname?"

Ralph's eyes widen and shake his head and hug my neck when I look down.

"Dont. Dont. I am fine. You dont have to make a life deal with him." He said hurriedly.

"Oh geez~. I am not. Your Grandfather is willing."

"Him? I mean Don Danny?"
Ralph's face distort.

"Yes!" I happily hug him back.

Unaware, Kara didnt know that two sets of eyes are sizing one another behind her.

"You must be hungry. Here." Raphael shove a three layered sandwich in my mouth.

"Shank chuu.." I said between chewing.

"What did you fed Father?" Raphael ask in a low voice.

"Nothing. Where do you think will I hide any food?" I ask.

"I mean, what did you do to make him agree? I have been bribing him for years."

I frown and think deeply.
Then I look at Raphael.

"Cause I am cute?" I smile waiting for his reaction.

He pinch my cheek so hard I started to tear up.

A/N:

Last update for today.
Thank you for reading.
*bow*
Good night and sweeeeeeeet dreams.