Chapter 4

I groan, as I shifted in my bed. I look to my side to see what time it was. When I opened my eyes however, I saw a little girl with blood on her face. She was clutching onto a teddy bear which only had one eye. She creepily smiled at me when she noticed I was awake.
Screaming, I fell off of my bed. When my vision stopped being blurry, I saw that I wasn't in my room. I wasn't even in my house anymore! I had fallen off of a sofa, in a strange unfamiliar room. The girl chuckled and said some weird words as I sat up.
"Masky! Hoodie! Clockwork! Slenderman! She's awaaaakeee!!"
I am instantly surrounded by a ton of people. Some I recognised, like the tall man who had no face, who claimed to be 'slenderman'. I also recognised Masky and EJ.
I narrowed my eyes when I looked at the guy called Masky.  He reminded me of something I'd seen before.... My drawing!! I'd drawn a picture of a real-life murderer?! Without realising?! But he did stop EJ from killing me.... Maybe he just wants to finish me off himself.
But when he waves to me, in a friendly way, I look away embarrassed.
"Settle down. Now, you all must be curious as to why we have spared this human here."
"Yeah, why? Can I kill her?"
I look behind me, to see a frighteningly white boy with blood on both sides of his slit mouth. When he catches my gaze, he pulls out his knife and I squeal.
Masky grabs my arm and pulls me towards him, tightly embracing me.
"No one. fucking. touches. her." Masky growled.
The tall man coughed and resumes.
"Now, I have kept this human for two reasons. Partly as Masky seems to have some sort of connection with her. And partly since I have sensed something unusual about this human."
A dark haired girl looked up at the tall man. "What do you mean by 'unusual', Slenderman?"
"I sense an aura around her. A dark aura, flowing with negative energy. It will not be long before it takes effect on us all." Slenderman says.
A murmur rose in the room.
"So, does that mean we can keep her?" Masky asks, sounding happy.
"Yes. But we do need to make sure she is properly trained. Masky, I'm relying on you for that."
"I won't let you down, Slendy!" Masky gives me a quick hug before going off to talk to a person with a frowny mask.
Slenderman turns to me, and I couldn't help but shiver at how he looked. He chuckled.
"I see you are scared at how I look like. I shall explain what we are. If you would like to know of course."
I slightly nod my head, afraid if I said that I didn't want to know, that he would get angry.
"We are what humans call 'Creepypasta'. Is that name familiar to you?"
I think for a moment before shaking my head.
"Very rare for one of my proxies to take interest in such an innocent child... Anyway, Creepypasta are horror-related legends or images that have been copied and pasted around the Internet. These Internet entries are often brief, user-generated, paranormal stories that are intended to scare readers."
Slenderman explains slowly for me to remember. I nod, in understanding.
"Thankfully, not many people know of our existence so we do not get disturbed often. But from time to time, we do have the occasional human wander onto our premises. We have two choices on what to do with them. If they came onto our premises by accident, which is usually the case, we just brainwash them."
Slenderman stops and stares at me for sometime, sending shivers down my spine. He then continues.
"But if the human or humans came by their own free will... one of my proxies will have to kill them. But it's usually Jeff, as he's so enthusiastic when it comes to killing."
Slenderman glances at the boy with a slit mouth, who glares back at me. I quickly turn my attention back to Slenderman.
"So... why do you need me?"
"In the hands of our enemy, your power can be used to create great misfortune. It would be a threat to us and humans. We must train your power for battle, as it may come in handy"
I look down a little. I was secretly pleased that they didn't bring me here to kill me, or have the intention to do it. But it made me feel a bit uncomfortable that they only wanted my power.
"Uh- say if I were to... lose this power...would you kill me for being useless?"
Slenderman remained quiet for a moment, before speaking.
"In most cases, yes. We would kill you."
I felt my heart stop when he said that. I better not lose my-
"But in this case, no. We will not harm you. As I said, I'm not the only one here who is interested in your existence."
Slenderman looks towards Masky. Masky notices this, and walks over, slipping his hand into mine. I blush and look away.
"Masky, I trust you to let her settle in?"
Masky nods eagerly. "I'll make sure everyone likes her. And that no one kills her."
Slenderman nods in approval. "Then I shall leave her with you."
He then disappeared as if he was never there in the first place.

After being introduced to everyone by Masky, I try to remember their names.
There were the girls: Jane, Sally and Clockwork. And the boys: Masky, EJ, Jeff, BEN, LJ, TicciToby and Hoodie.
EJ walks up to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder. "You'll love it here, (Y/N). And you'll love me too."
I take one look at the grey skin and creepy mask and I laugh. "Yeah, right."
EJ shrugs "It'll happen eventually~"
Masky slaps EJ's arm away, telling him to piss off. EJ walks off, huffing. Hoodie walks up to me and looks me up and down. He then looks at Masky's hand around mine. He scoffs and walks off. Rude much?
"C'mon (Y/N)" Masky whispers to me "I'll show you around."

Masky tours me through all of the rooms of the mansion (with the exception of Slenderman's office) and shows me where everyone's room is. He warns me not to even pass by Jeff's room, if I didn't want to get injured.
"If you're going to Jeff's room for something, make sure I'm with you."
I agree, understanding how freaking scary Jeff could be.

We stop outside a room and Masky opens the door for me.
"This is my room. Well, I technically share it with Hoodie. You'll stay here until Slendy arranges a proper room for you."
I nod.
"But, you could always just sleep with me..."
I feel my face burn and I look away, not wanting him to see my face. Really wanting to cut the tension, I ask Masky why he was wearing a mask.
"Oh... I mean, if you saw my face.. I don't think you'd ever forgive me.."
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"Well.. do you want to see what I look like?" Masky says, rubbing his head.
He starts to undo his mask, lifting the bottom up first. I didn't imagine what he had looked like until now. Just the bottom of his face looks handsome with his soft jawline and plump lips.... wait! What am I thinking about?!
When Masky lifted off his mask completely, I gasped. In the darkness of the room, I fully recognised who was standing in front of me.

"Tim?"

He smiled, glad that I had remembered him. I walk up to him, his arms wide open, but then I stop.
It all comes back to me.
The party...
The woods...
The screams...
The blood...
Emily...

I looked at Tim, in a way that I never thought I would look at him. I was standing in front of a murderer....