08. RABBIT TRAP

CHAPTER EIGHT
[RABBIT TRAP]

Molly awoke to the sound of things clattering around downstairs

Molly awoke to the sound of things clattering around downstairs. It took her a second to remember where she was, and when she did— it hurt just as bad. She rubbed her eyes as she sat up and let out a yawn. She lifted up her shirt to find her wound completely healed, letting out a quick sigh of relief.

She pushes the blankets off of her and puts back on the clothes she had yesterday. This trip wasn't really planned, so she didn't have any of her stuff that she's gathered after the two months of being here.

Molly glances at the doorknob on the ground, then back to the door. She could easily just stay in here all day and not have to face Kai— but she was starving, and needed her things.

She pulled open the door and pulled her hair up into a ponytail as she made her way down the stairs. Kai was humming along to something playing on the stereo in the kitchen, and glances up to smile at Molly as she made her way to the bottom of the steps.

He was cooking some 'grand' breakfast. Pancakes, waffles, hash browns, toast, eggs. He had fresh fruit cut up in bowls and two glasses of orange juice sat next to each other.

"I made breakfast." Kai says as he goes back to cooking the eggs on the stove.

Molly nods slowly and looks around. "I see that." She says. She could cry over how good it all looked.

"Are you going to eat today?" Kai asks.

"I don't know are you going to annoy me?" Molly raises her eyebrows.

"Oh, come on." Kai says, grabbing the pan off the stove and scraping the eggs onto a big plate. "You like me. Just admit it."

Molly narrows her eyebrows at him as she leans against the stairs. "No, Kai. I don't." She says.

"Aw." Kai fake frowns, and then gestures towards all the food on the counter. "Help yourself." He smiles happily. Molly sighs, grabbing a plate and piling mountains of food on to her plate. Kai reached over her to grab a piece of toast and she flinched slightly as he got too close to her. Kai froze in place and scoffed, looking down at her. "I'm not gonna hurt you, relax." He says.

"You've said that before. Then you hit me over the head with a rock." Molly says, and Kai leans away, placing the toast on his plate.

"Well, things were different then." Kai says. "We're on the same team now."

Molly didn't want to argue with him, she just took her plate and sat it at the same spot she sat in last night— as far away from him as she could get. The two began scarfing down the food quickly, it was quiet for a while before Kai spoke up.

"Do werewolves eat more than humans?" He questions.

Molly didn't know if that was a genuine question or an insult. "Yes." She just said, taking a bite from a strawberry.