C H A P T E R 33

30k reads!!! You guys are AMAZING. 🥂♥️

"What do you mean by she sent those divorce papers? Nichole just couldn't have."

    "Yes, sir. I was also as shocked as you when she called me home. She said that she knows you already cancelled the agreement you had done with her earlier, so she could divorce you anything she wants."

   Its true that I already cancelled the agreement because I want to start afresh. I love her. I've been in love with Nichole longer than I care to admit. Ever since I met her, I've always had a soft spot for her.

     These past few months have been really beautiful.  She makes me really happy and content. Everyday, I make sure to finish my work way ahead of time just to go home to her.

       Usually, we go out on either lunch or dinner dates but if we don't, then we'll stay home and watch movies,that are mostly chosen by her.

      To be honest, I don't care what film we choose. I just want any chance to have her close to me and kiss her at every chance I get.

    So, how am I supposed to believe him.  I know Nichole feels the same way about me so there is no way in hell she sent these.  I know her. I trust her and I love her. She means everything. 

     And I was planning to tell her everything about my feelings for her tonight and propose a new beginning for us.

      I want to have a beautiful family with her.

    "Sir, you've got to believe me. These papers are proof enough. She even demanded alimony from you in addition to her twenty percent share." He added and handed myethe papers.

    I checked through and realised that Nichole did sign the papers but what happened? Everything was really great till the morning.

   No, I don't believe this man. I trust her. I made the mistake of not once, I'm never repeating the same anymore.

   "Sir, if you ask me, I'll say you should divorce her. We can always refuse to give her alimony, since you guys originally had a deal." He suggested.

    No way! Nichole is mine. My love and my life. I'll give anything to keep this happiness called Nichole for the rest of my life.

    "I was in shock as well, sir. One should never trust a woman. She's such a cheap slut..." I immediately drew him by the collar and hit him hard.

      "Don't you ever say that about my wife again.  She means everything.  Everything you hear me?" I let go of his shirt and adjusted his collar.

   "Look, I'm sorry. Ok? But I don't believe any of this. Please get out. I need to be alone." He nodded in understanding and left. I immediately picked my phone to call her.

That's when I realised that I have over fifty missed calls from her? Oh my goodness!

     *****************************

       I stopped the car and hurried upstairs. 

    "Nichole!"

   "Baby, I'm home!" I checked everywhere but I couldn't find her anywhere. I was about to close bedroom door when a sticky note on Nichole's beauty mirror caught my attention. 

       I took it and read;

    Xander,

           Sorry.  I mean mr Reynolds.  I hope you're happy now. I just sent the divorce papers back and I wish you all the very best.  You've hurt me beyond imagination and I won't forget it in a rush.