Chapter 23: The Pentagram Office

Your P.O.V.

Newt slowly and carefully made he is way down the stairs of his case. He set you down on the table in the middle of the room and quickly cleaned it from the mess. As soon as the table was clean you rested your injured leg on it.

Jacob was sitting on a little chair near the stairs with your case standing on the floor beside his feet.

You carefully rolled up your trousers to observe the wound on your leg. Well, it wasn't the worst you have seen. But it was bleeding hard and some of the blood already stained not only your trousers, but Newt's wooden table as well. It hurt too, but you tried the hardest you could not to show it, especially to Newt.

He quickly gave you a wet cloth so you could clean up the wound and your leg from blood.

Jacob, who was quietly sitting in the corner was observing the situation in front of him. For him, it was clear that those two people were very alike and meant something to eachother. Maybe if you weren't bleeding, Jacob would have asked. But during this circumstances he kept his mouth shut.

Newt, however, paid only a quick glance to your injury, before not even taking off his coat, he started ripping and mixing together some leaves from the potted plants on the shelves below his head.

He was so worried about you. What if your wound got infected? What if what he did wouldn't help? He was so worried that sweat was forming on his back.

It was clear to you that you didn't have to worry about anything at the moment, so you decided to look around the room you were in now. Well, it was really similar to your case actually. Like, really similar! But more messy, though.

When Newt was ready, he placed a bowl with the green pasty substance on the table beside you. He slightly leaned down to observe your wound. Then he took some of the paste on his fingers.

"This could sting a little." Newt said not really looking at you.

With one hand he carefully held your leg so it won't move, which of course made you blush, and with the second hand he applied the paste on your wound. Newt was quick yet gentle, and soon enough you couldn't see your wound anymore. He said that it could sting, but as soon as the paste touched your wound, you immediately felt this huge relief. All the pain went away, replaced by a pleasant feeling of something cool against your skin.

"Thank you." You said to Newt, not really looking at him.

"You are welcome." He said smiling slightly, while glancing at you.

But what was unknown to you, because you didn't look at Newt's face, he was blushing like crazy while healing you.

While your wound was healing, you used this time to take care of your trousers, and Newt used this time to clean up. First you took out your wand from your coat pocket and got reed of the huge soak of blood, second you used the Repairing Charm to fix your trousers.

By the time you were done, Newt has cleaned up and came back with another wet cloth. Once again he held your leg with one hand, and whipped away the paste with another. When your leg was cleaned from the paste, you saw that it was completely healed. Only a tiny scar was left from the solid wound.

"And now you're all fixed." Newt said smiling, which made you smile too.

You hopped down on the floor and stood there looking at your leg. It worked just as fine as it did before.

"And that's it?" Jacob asked while standing up, clearly shocked.

"Yes." Newt simply said.

"But imagine what this could have done to people! Many people are dieing just from the blood loss, and here you just mixed something and now Y/n's leg is completely healed."