Chapter 5: They big day!

Life is flying by so fast. If this whole school year was a book. Then it would only have like  only 5 chapters!!! Today was the big day and it is 3 am and I am getting ready. I wore the beautiful blue dress my dad bought me in Valentine's Day. I also wore my curly frizzy natural hair! I haven't put a perm in for a long time maybe since we ever got the essay. That's because I don't have a mom and we don't really know about perm and stuff. So I wore my hair frizzy. And also my black flats (shoes) and also a pretty blue headband. And makeup. I looked so beautiful. And this morning my dad drove me too school. Of course I didn't want to be with them girls or the bus. Parents and family members were there at the speech. But just my dad was watching me......Then it happened

I walked on the stage and those girls were staring at me! The whole middle school was, even the 8th graders.
I looked off my essay and repeated word after work
                                                                      Ariel's speech:
Hello, I am Ariel and my essay is called "Audition" You May be wondering why. Especially a couple of people. Well don't you like when friends come in different shapes and sizes and hair colors and skin tones? Well one person just has to be really different. Her name was Ariel. She had to audition for friends too like her.Yes, it was me. I am black and proud. My hair is fluffy, not straight. My hair is naturally brown/black and my eyes are brown. I took of my blue contacts These are contacts. Blue ones that make my eyes blue. I threw them in the trashcan. The crowed gasped. MY EYES ARE DARK BROWN! I yelled in the microphone. Best friends are always supposed to be there for you, if not, then there not your best friend. That happened to me. I played with a group of girls and they only accepted people like them and people who looked like them. I wasn't any of those people. So I tried looking like them the best I could. I messed up myself! So I am here today looking and showing off my natural looks. But the last straw was actually not a straw. It was a cigarette! You see, I was in the bathroom and they forced me into smoking. I was stupid those days! But I realized to just be yourself and if they don't accept you. Then Forget and move on! They ain't your friends. They your BFF. BEST FAKE FRIENDS! My Dad raised me better than this. After my mom died in a bad accident, I haven't been myself lately and we had to move several times. If you done this once to your so called "friend" you should think again and see them for what's in the inside! I am Ariel and this was my speech. BULLYING SHOULD END!
AND THATS ON PERIOUT!
.
Ella and Brittney we're coming too me and hugging me with tears and joy. Even my dad and other strangers.
The principals and staff started crying. Them girls were sitting there with there arms folded and angry! Five minutes later I was alone and they came to me was like "Ariel, we are so sorry what we put you through this year." They all said at the same time. "No, it's too late, I have people who see me through my blood. Goodbye, it was so called "fun" while it lasted." I respond. And I walked away from them girls. They were just stranded there in silence and walked away. I was SOOO Glad. Everyone liked me and I became popular and also Ella and Brittney were my bestest friends on all. We also hung out with some other people. I was the queen and popular at school. Everyone looked up too me.
Now for all that hate out there...remember
Be yourself
And never be a racist!