(Arc-6.5)

Chapter 72
Legend of the Holy Light (Arc 6.5)

The emperor summoned the ministers to the great hall and announced that the great prince Orede would take his place in handling state affairs, and exercised all of the emperor’s rights and duties.

The ministers, each with their own little thoughts, all had different expressions. In the hearts of those associated with the second prince, they naturally didn’t want to agree with the emperor’s decision. But the laws and customs of the empire stipulated that whether in the nobility or the royal family, the eldest son would be the sole heir. Unless the eldest son died, or there were some other exceptional circumstances, only then might the second son have the chance to inherit. Now that the great prince’s body was back to normal, they couldn’t think of any reason to oppose the emperor’s decision.

The second prince Louis lowered his head, his eyes full of anger and unwillingness.

Just when neither the ministers nor the second prince could speak out, Carnia stepped forward and said, “Your Majesty, his Majesty the great prince has never been able to dispel the demon magic in his body in the last five years, and now he suddenly returned to normal. I believe that there is something strange about it.”

The emperor narrowed his eyes. “What do you think is strange?”

“The great prince was injured by the demon clan’s blood pearl treasure. The blood pearl only creates a single drop every two thousand years, the demon magic contained within it is extremely dense. After entering the human body, it can never be cleared.” Carnia was extremely certain.

“You seem to have a good understanding about it.” Orede smiled sarcastically.

Carnia said with a serious and earnest expression, “Previously I wanted to help the great emperor clear out the demon gas, so I went to great lengths to research the demon blood pearl, but unfortunately I also couldn’t clear the demon blood essence. How strong my light power is, I’m sure all of the ministers here are well aware, and even I was unable to succeed, then how did the great prince suddenly recover?”

Carnia looked at Jing Yang standing next to Orede. “I hope that the great prince will not be blinded by some people, think of the fake light power as real light power, and then later on it will definitely become an even greater tragedy.”

“Since you’re so clear about it, then how would you like to prove that the demon magic in my body hasn’t been cleared out?” Orede asked.

“The simplest way is also the most effective, the great prince just needs to stand under the holy spring of the light temple and allow the spring water to wash over his body. If demon magic still exists, then everyone will be able to see.” Carnia really did not believe that all of the demon magic in Orede’s body had been cleared. The demon king himself had personally confirmed to him how powerful the demon blood pearl was. He even more so did not believe that Sylvie’s light power would be able to clear out the demon magic from the blood essence, something that even his grandfather couldn’t do, how could he achieve it.

Orede was just waiting for him to say this. “That is possible, but for how long I have to stand under the holy spring, you will also need to stand in the holy spring for that long. I dare to agree with your method, then do you dare to agree to my request?”

Carnia’s heart tightened, he guessed flusteredly, Orede making such a request, could it be that he found out something. But because he was concerned about making others suspicious, he didn’t dare to hesitate too long. After pausing a bit, he immediately agreed, “My light power is not only very strong, but also very real, I of course dare to agree.”