Chapter 12

HI EVERYBODY! HERES THE MOST ASKED AND ANTICIPATED CHAPTER!

EVERYONE was asking me whether I was to write from Tristen's POV of when Meredith touched his tail for the first time so because you guys are the best and continue to support me, I decided to give you this gift!

YAYYYYY! We reached 100 page! *cue fireworks* I never thought I would make it so far! I'm planning a VERY SPECIAL surprise for you guys! Call me Mother Theresa since you guys are getting TWO whole gifts. :P Stay tune tomorrow!

Don't forget to vote! If you want to be notified when I update–which is every monday night–follow me! :)

Enjoy your read! ~ *insert lenny face*

_________________________________________________________

Tristen

    I floated over my subjects. They were sleeping peacefully behind the corals–away from the dark fays. Nixie cuddled with Moa, the pregnant mother. Nixie was the youngest captured. My eyes drifted to Jakob, the oldest mer captured. Bubbles seeped from his nose as he snored away on a makeshift bed made of plants–that other mers made for him. Elders were highly respected in my kingdoms. For they are the wisest.

And the strongest.

With age, mers can slowly gain abilities. Such as controlling the elements–Water in particular. But unlike the powerful elders of the seas...

I was no elder.

I called on my royal blood, attempting to create currents around me. I sighed in frustration. Still nothing. I tried using my elemental power to escape the first day I arrived here–seven months ago–but to no avail, I am still powerless. The glamour that is cast around the aquarium is the reason I–and the other mers–are powerless and weak. Thus, I was incapable to call on the power of the sea to shift to legs and to fight my way out. I clenched my jaw, hating how weak I felt for the first time in my life. I closed my eyes and reached out with what little power I had, feeling the ocean lapping on the shore and knowing that it was morning. My chest tightened in longing. The ocean was only a few miles from here.

So close and yet so far.

I pulled my weak elemental power back and I opened my eyes. I glimpsed to the top of the dome. The sun was rising for the new day.

I swished my fin gently to propel me the wall of coral, I carefully looked around the coral to scan beyond the glass. Workers milled around, preparing for the chaos of tourists and meals to feed us. I twisted my lips at the bag of kibbles that a young worker was dragging into the storage room through the secret door. I searched around for Meredith–knowing full well it was still too early for her to be here, but I still wanted to make sure.

I anxiously rubbed the back of my neck.

Unconsciously, I went to the top of the dome–where all my interactions with Meredith occurred. I tilted my face to the golden sun, basking in the warmth. I could almost fool myself that I was in the ocean, free. I opened my eyes and glared at the glamour once again. I could see it shimmering beyond the skylight, taunting me. The glamour glistened like a blown bubble would. Only the Sidhe–beings that are not human, like the mer and fay–can only see it.

Although there were rare humans that have the sight, the Clovers. The Clovers are powerfully gifted mortals who can see through any glamour, regardless whether the Sidhe wants to be hidden or not. I never met one, but often heard tales of such.

I concentrated and reached out to my glamour, attempting to disperse it. I exhaled in vexation. No such luck. My human glamour stayed cemented on my true skin. I was stuck with a seemingly human appearance. I suppose it's for the best. I wouldn't want Meredith to flinched away from me with panic in her eyes again.