― 22. santino d'antonio

KAITLYN AND John are lying on the couch together as night falls; Kaitlyn had just finished her second to last performance of the season about an hour ago

                         KAITLYN AND John are lying on the couch together as night falls; Kaitlyn had just finished her second to last performance of the season about an hour ago. They're excited as the clock ticks down for summer vacation and be able to leave the bustle of work behind them- and especially the other night's catastrophe. They've both shaken off the shooting rather well. It's far from Kaitlyn's mind at least, but it is making John anxious- he just won't show it. He can't tell what's been going through Kaitlyn's head like he normally can and it's scaring him. Every move she makes or conversation she wants to have has him on edge. John feels childish being so anxious about their marriage as he's never been one to worry like this- but the thought of losing the love of his life can do that... even if she's never once brought up separating.

   "I swear all they do is play this movie," Kaitlyn grumbles as she clicks through the tv guide, very unaware of her husbands worried thoughts.

   "It's not that bad though." at this point he's enjoying every single second he can get with her.

   "But it's all that's ever on I swear! I just want a new season of Criminal Minds, why is that so much to ask?" she groans and hands John the remote, "you find something."

   "Oh I will," he jokes back and mindlessly begins clicking as well.

   John glances at her as she attempts to put her hair into an updo. He watches with fond eyes as she bites her lip, focused on what her hands are doing.

   Setting the remote down instead of finding a show, he repositions from his seated position so he's able to move her, "what are you doing?" Kaitlyn begins to laugh as she's pushed onto her back, all her work to put her hair up worthless. John is hovering over her, hands on either side of her head, and waist between her legs.

   With no response, John just places his lips against hers. Their soft and warm against his as they begin to move together in harmony. He moves a hand so it's against her waist, holding her in one spot as her arms move around his neck. John always makes sure he never has weight on her even as she tries to pull him down closer. The scruff of his beard scratches against her fine skin, making her knees feel weak beneath him, not that she needs them. Though her mind is already hazy from the intoxicating kiss and she'd surely collapse if it weren't for the couch. A low groan escapes from his throat as his lips move from her mouth, to her jaw, and to her neck.

   It's a moment of bliss for the two with feelings that are all too familiar. Loving caresses and kisses shared. Flittering feelings of butterflies in their stomachs as their hands link together. Their flush against each other as he's still on top with their kiss growing from slow to passionate, Kaitlyn trying to tug at his shirt, hands running down to the waist band of his pants.