25~Hit or Miss, I Guess He Never Miss

"What is this place?" I stared wide-eyed at the building as we entered. Loud electro-rock music blared over the building speakers.

"Laser tag," Jungkook was the happiest I'd ever seen since I met him.

I guess even a Red Agent combatant had his inner child come out during the right times. Strange blasting sounds in the background only increased my wariness. I still couldn't quite get the image of laser blasters slicing my head off out of my head.

Jungkook confidently crossed to the front desk and did whatever to register us in. "Y/N come here," he called to me afterwards. "We have to into the vesting room."

"Sounds like some kind of torture room," I couldn't help but mutter under my breath.

"Oh what do you know about that kind of stuff," he scoffed as one of the people behind the counter lead us down a hallway.

"I was there during the Reign of Terror in France along with several other historical events that included instruments of torture and execution," I retorted. "I bet I would've gotten a higher grade in History than you ever would."

"Right in here, folks," the person, who was actually a guy maybe a couple years older than Jungkook, ushered us in.

His name tag read 'Lee Taeyong.'

The room was dark save for lots of vests of different glowing colors.

I had to blink several times to readjust to the room.

"The laser tag game you guys will be participating in will be an Every-man for himself," Taeyong informed us. "So it doesn't matter what color you choose."

Jungkook immediately pounced on a red vest while I more hesitatingly grabbed a green vest. Christmas colors yay.

I tried to watch Jungkook as his deft fingers quickly snapped the vest on with buckles I never knew even existed.

"Here, let me help you," Taeyong came over to me, aura light pink despite his calm features.

And DANG mama we're those features handsome as heck.

"Don't worry about it," Jungkook abruptly crossed over to us. "I'll help her with it."

"Oh of course," Taeyong instantly backed off, a flicker of actual fear crossing his voice.

Who could blame him? Jungkook was almost a solid head taller than the guy and just glancing at his muscles, no one would doubt he could K.O. the employee under two seconds flat. Probably one second even.

"You might beat me in history class, but you're going to be dead in seconds out in laser tag," Jungkook stood in front of me, quickly snapping buckles on my vest and tightening it around my body.

"Crap, they use real lasers then?" I gasped. "What are Taehyung and the others going to say when your body is sliced in half?"

"What?" Jungkook choked a little. "Y/N, no. It's harmless lasers! Just beams. They're not the actual destroying lasers."

"You could've told me that!"

"I didn't realize you were that dumb!"

"Hey, I am smarter than two of you combined," I quipped. "You take that back. OW!"

Jungkook tightened one of the vest straps too much with iron force. I highly doubt he did it on accident.

"Oops," he smirked, only further confirming my suspicions.

Taeyong, obviously third wheeling hard, cleared his throat. "And now here are your blasters," he offered us white makeshift plastic guns that were equally as colorful as our vests. He quickly ran over some safety guidelines before leading us to another doorway. "May I have your names that will be used on the scoreboard to keep track on who's still in the game?"