Prologue

"Wake up honey bun" My male bestfriend Carlos says. He's gay, and the most amazing male I've ever met.

I mumble a quick no and turn around on my side to where my left shoulder faces the ceiling. I can basically see him rolling his eyes I grab a small decorative pillow beside me and toss it behind my back and I can hear it make contact with his face and I knew I had got him. "I guess that's what I get for being nice." He mumbles standing up I sigh and fall back asleep before ice cold water is poured on me.

"CARLOS!" I yell pushing a wet string of curly hair out of my face.

Ok let's pause for a second. I am a five foot five seventeen year old mixed American. My mother is African American and my father is caucasian who moved to America after meeting my mother on a pack business trip. He was originally from Italy and from a pack called Cavalieri. I have curly brown hair that stops at my bra line, along with hazel brown eyes.

I get up going to my bathroom and find April unwrapping the scarf around her hair. "Is my room the new meeting place," I ask grabbing a face towel and starting the water to my shower, almost immediately turning it to a hot setting.

"Well it's your birthday dumb dumb." She says grabbing the hair brush and the container of hair gel off of my counter.

"Maybe I don't wanna turn 17." I mumble I really don't. I mean I've read that some mates get rejected and it's not uncommon at all. Why would I want to be one of those wolves. After washing up and applying a curling moisturizer to my thick curly hair I step out of the shower and grabs a fluffy brown towel out of a basket full of different towel.

"Sis I've told you to stop reading those depressing books. You're not going to get rejected I mean look at you. You're smart, beautiful, and you're thick." She says winking at me and I smile to myself, she's like the exact opposite of me which sometimes I hate...but most of the time I love.

"Easy for you to say. You have men lining up to date you."

"Hey whoa mi amor." Carlos says rubbing his chin trying to act straight when he sees me naked. I give him my middle finger and grab a towel stepping out.

"Get out Carlos." We both say in unison. He puts his hands up in surrender and step out.

"Oh and your mom says be down stairs in five minutes or she's coming up stairs." He says as his eyes fog over. I nod my head and go in my closet. I grab my favorite yellow romper along with a pair of simple white shoes that I find.

After braiding my hair into a ponytail I walked downstairs to see my parents with a red velvet cake.

I see my friends from school yell happy birthday. I put my hands over my mouth and let tears escape my eyes. No I do not get bullied, No the future Alpha does not have a problem with me, I have a happy life. My wolf is just fine she's not some extraordinary white wolf. She's  actually a beautiful mixture of black and grey.

I go to hug my mom and dad. "Thank you." I mumble under sobs hugging them both. "You don't have to say thank you for getting you a birthday cake." My dad says kissing my forehead.

After eating a slice of cake April, Carlos, and I run to school in wolf form.

Nevaeh's wolf