1

December the fifth.

I looked at the date which was marked with a red pen. It was a really ordinary looking date, but contained so many emotions which were yet to be experienced. It was the date which was going to change everything and I was really looking forward to it.

Because on that day, I'd get to meet my parents.

Only six months now.

With a small smile on my face, I traced my fingers along the numbers when I heard someone impatiently ringing the bell and I let out a small laugh. In my entire life, I have came across only one person who was this impatient and that was my one and only one best friend— Grace Quinn.

"Atleast give a girl ten seconds, Gracie."

"Fuck ten seconds! We are already fifteen minutes late to our first lecture. Mr Fitzgerald is going to roast us both in his backyard." She wasn't wrong about it. We had already been late twice for his lecture and he had warned us that if we were to be late again, only our ashes would be found.

Yes, he was lovely like that.

Hah, sarcasm.

I grabbed my bag and keys before locking the door and running towards Grace's car. She was quicker than me and that was exactly why she was already on the driver seat with her seatbelt on, till the time I reached the car, huffing and puffing.

"You could have just called me, you know. It would have saved some good minutes." I spoke, as she pressed the engine and the car roared to life. I was sure we were going to break the signal, again.

"Check your phone." She said, while giving me a deathly glare. Right enough, there were seven missed calls from her and I gave her a sheepish smile.

"Sorry, it was on silent mode."

"Like always."

"You know exactly why, Gracie." I replied and loosen my ponytail. For some reason, tight ponytails always gave me headaches.

"How many times do I have to tell you to block that fucktard, Rosa? You are just leading him on." She replied, while honking after random cars, even though we were the ones breaking the rules.

"But I don't want to break his heart."

"Then I fucking will." She said and gave me the look that clearly spoke that it was either sweet 'ole me or spicy 'ole her.

"Okay, fine."

"Good because god help me before I severely damage his baby making tool." I chuckled and shook my head.

Kyle was one of my classmates, who thought that just because I gave him my number, I was interested in him and thus, kept calling me every half an hour.

I was not even kidding.

While in reality, I gave him my number because I did not want to break his heart. He asked with so much hope in his eyes that I just couldn't make myself to turn him down.

"I will after uni."

We both were twenty and only one semester away from pursuing our degree in business and we couldn't be any more excited. We always carpooled together as I did not have a car of my own and even if I had, I would have carpooled with her because I was lazy just like that.

Soon enough, the car was parked in the parking lot of the university as we sprinted towards our first lecture with Mr Fitzgerald. Even though we were twenty five minutes late, there was still good twenty minutes left for the lecture to end.

"Walk fast!" She yelled, as she grabbed my hand making me sprint along with her. I had never ran so fast in my life and by the time we had reached the classroom, I was breathing like an asthma patient.

"I need my pump." I spoke and she smacked my arm.

"Shut the fuck up. You are not asthmatic!"

With that said, she opened the door of the classroom and we were met with the murderous stare of none other than Mr Fitzgerald.

"This is the third time!" He roared and magically everyone's attention turned towards us. Grace elbowed me and I knew exactly what I had to do.

"We promise, it won't happen again Mr Fitzgerald." I said and passed him a smile and I could see him melting instantly. He tried to portrait his anger for more more moments, but it was fading with every passing second and I smiled widely.

"You better not. I have already started the fire in my backyard. Make sure you both are not the first ones to get roasted."

We nodded our heads and quickly walked towards our regular seats. We took out the book and started shuffling the pages, even though we were sure that we were just going to chat the lecture away.

"Your smile always fucking works."

It was already ten minutes past when I started coughing, uncontrollably. Grace gave me a worried look and I gave her a small smile before raising my hand to get Mr Fitzgerald's attention. When he saw me coughing badly, he nodded his head and I rushed towards the washroom.

I leaned against the sink until I was calmed. My eyes landed on my palm and clearly there was some blood in there. I quickly washed off my hands, and dried it with a tissue, not wanting anyone to see. My hands went towards my bag, only to realise it was not there.

Shit, I forgot it in the classroom.

"Here."

She handed me the medicines and a bottle of water as I quickly took it from her hands before quickly gulping it down. I looked up and gave her a thankful smile, but she did not returned the smile back. She looked sad and I could see tears forming in her eyes which she was trying real hard to control.

"We can end this, Rosa." Her voice broke at the end and a tear slipped from her eye.

"It's okay, Gracie. I am fine." I said, putting my hand on her shoulder in a reassuring manner.

"No, you are not Rosa! I cannot see you in anymore pain. Please, we can end this Rosa, everything. We still have time, just please let me fucking help you." She pleaded and by now she was full on crying. I hugged her tightly and whispered,

"Everything is going to be perfect in six months, Gracie. No one will have to suffer then."

••••••••

Here is the first ever branded non cliché chapter. I personally think that I did a pretty decent job, what are your opinions?

Start it in the comment section.