ҽιɠԋƚ.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

♦︎♦︎♦︎

October 23, 1994:

TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT

The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving at 6 o'clock on Friday 30th of October. Lessons will end half an hour early. Students will return their bags and books to their dormitories and assemble in front of the castle to greet our guests before the Welcoming Feast.

Willa's eyes scanned the large sign and she let out a sigh. She'd forgotten that Hogwarts was hosting the tournament this year.

A crowd was starting to form as students read it with excitement. Willa pushed her way to the back of the crowd and watched as more people filled the Hall.

"Only a week away!" A boy said, emerging from the crowd.

Willa recognised him as Ernie MacMillan, a fourth year Hufflepuff. "I wonder if Cedric knows? Think I'll go and tell him..." She heard him say and chased after the boy.

"Hey, Ernie! Hey!" She yelled.

Ernie turned around and furrowed his eyebrows at her. "Er...hi?"

"What are you about to tell Cedric?"

"About the Tournament, and the sign. Did you read it?" He asked eagerly.

"I read it, but I don't see why people are making such a big deal about this."

Ernie stared at her, bewildered. "Are you crazy? There hasn't been a Triwizard Tournament in three centuries! And Hogwarts is hosting it! It's brilliant. And I heard Cedric was going to enter, so I'm going to tell him about the sign. Is that a problem?"

"No." Willa said. "Of course not."

Ernie walked off and Willa scowled at him.

She didn't know if it was jealousy, or that she'd barely seen Cedric lately, but she didn't feel particularly great about someone else bringing this sort of news to her best friend's attention. That was supposed to be her job.

Willa sighed, realising she was being absolutely ridiculous, and wandered back to the Hufflepuff common room.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

October 30, 1994:

Today was the day.