Chapter 17

* I would like to bring the following A/N back to your attention. I've said it once before, but with the upcoming chapter I felt like telling you all again. Please keep the following A/N in mind while you read this chapter. *

A/N

Before you read this chapter, keep in mind that none of it is real life and none of the boys have anything against any religion. Keep also in mind that what you are gonna read isn't my opinion either. Everything that's being said fits with the characters and their life in this work of fiction. Everything that happens is there for a reason. Reasons you might not understand right now, but will understand once this story develops further. None of it has anything to do with my opinion or the boys opinion on religion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week passed, a week in which Jungkook's and Taehyung's bodies slowly started to heal. Both of them were able to complete the routine on their own for short amounts of time and the beatings stayed away for the rest of the week. Taehyung had cooled both his own and Jungkook's bruises every night and the once black bruises now slowly started to turn a greenish yellow. Most of the pain was gone for both of them, only a occasional grumble leaving their mouths when they moved too fast or too sudden.

It had been the fifth week that Taehyung stayed at the prison and apart from the beating the younger had received last week he was getting pretty used to the prison life. It was an easy life, a life that didn't require much thinking or cleverness. Everyday was practically the same and in some way the predictable routine was also comforting to Taehyung. He knew what was gonna happen and there were no sudden surprises. Sunday had rolled around and both boys sat on Jungkook's bed in their shared cell. They had just returned from breakfast and due to the heavy rain that fell outside they weren't allowed to get out for their usual sunday morning stroll around the courtyard. Taehyung kept rambling about random topics while Jungkook nodded or hummed once in a while to let the elder know that he was listening but not really engaging in the conversation.

Both boys look up from soft clinking against the metal bars of their cell. A small blonde man clothed in full black with a little white square close to his throat stood in front of their cell, a small necklace with a cross dangling from his neck and a bible in his hand. "Goodmorning, since one of you is new here I wanted to ask if you were willing to join us for our sunday church service we provide once in the six weeks."

Taehyung's eyes lit up at the invitation and he immediately gave the man a short nod, accepting his invitation. Taehyung wasn't a church boy at all but he was excited that there was still something he could do at this rainy sunday morning, even if it was going to a church he normally didn't go to. "Let's go together Kook, it's gonna be fun!" A huge smile fell on Taehyung's face and he turned around to face Jungkook, his smile immediately falling at the scowl Jungkook was giving him.

"I will not go to that fake friendly worshipping a ghost nonsense, leave me out of it!" Jungkook grumbled at the elder while he placed himself down on his back on his mattress. Taehyung's eyes widened shorty at the sharp tone that left Jungkook's mouth, making him wonder why the younger was so against it but at the same time also knowing that asking him about it right now wasn't a good plan at all.

"So, just one?" Taehyung heard the man behind him speak. Taehyung turned back around and gave him a short nod. "I will ask the guard to open your door and I will see you shortly. You can find us at the room across from the laundry room, we will start at eleven." Taehyung gave the man another nod and thirty minutes later he was indeed released from his cell and on his way to the mentioned room.

Upon entering the room his eyes lit up and and small smile formed on his face. The whole room was lit with small little candles, soft music was playing in the background and the whole atmosphere felt really friendly. The man who had been at Taehyung's cell an hour prior walked up to Taehyung and gave him a place to sit. He explained to the blonde haired boy what was gonna happen and within thirty minutes Taehyung was happily singing songs he never heard before, listening to stories that sounded too good to be true but were amazing to listen at. The whole praying thing wasn't really his cup of tea but he admired the fact that they prayed for forgiveness, other people and help for those who needed it. He really enjoyed the message of it and it made him calm in some way. The relaxed and friendly atmosphere calmed his mind and it made him feel at peace with himself. It removed his thoughts shortly from the fact that he was locked up inside this hell hole.

With a bright smile on his face Taehyung left the room, two bibles in his hands and some encouraging words from the man in black in his head. The guard that had walked with Taehyung opened his cell for the boy and with a little skip in his step the boy walked inside his cell, his eyes immediately widening at Jungkook who sat on his bed supporting a black eye that wasn't there when Taehyung left for church. "Please tell me that that is make-up on your face."

A deep chuckle left Jungkook's mouth and a small smirk started to form on his face. "I wish. I might have pissed a guard off when you were away to your little cult."

Taehyung's mouth fell open and the two bibles he had fell to the ground in an instant. "Why? I leave you alone for an hour and I come back to this. What did you do?"

"Rather what did he do. He called you a pussy for going to church, I didn't like the comment so I might have punched him through the bars." Jungkook shrugged nonchalant.

"I....What?....." Taehyung stutterd while he tried to wrap his head around the comment the younger had just made. He defended him? "Nevermind.....next time you will come with me to church, this won't happen another time. It's really nice-"

Jungkook got up from his bed and within a second he was in front of Taehyung, making the blonde boy shut up in an instant. "I. will. not. go. to. that. fucking. cult. thing." Jungkook grumbled really low, his eyes filled with anger and fire. Taehyung took a step back to get out of the youngers personal space, he had never been really scared of Jungkook but he definitely was now. He didn't know what the youngers deal was with the church but judging from his reaction it wasn't good. "Kook, I......"

"Never suggest it again Taehyung. Never and when I mean never I mean NEVER do I want to be found with those people. I don't wanna be a part of that fake puppet show. It's all lies and you can't trust those people for one second. LEAVE. ME. OUT. OF. IT." Jungkook demanded and Taehyung could only nod at his words, not daring to go against the pissed off younger. "And these..." Jungkook picked up the two bibles Taehyung had brought inside the cell. "Keep them out of my sight or I will drown them both." Taehyung gave him another nod and Jungkook threw the two bibles on Taehyung's bed to get them out of his own sight. Jungkook slowly turned back around and placed himself down on the mattress. A deep breath he didn't know he was holding left Taehyung's mouth, his eyes travelling over to the third bible that lay in their cell. The bible that was on their desk, the bible he had seen Jungkook writing in when he had just arrived at the prison. The bible who was clearly used for a whole different purpose than what it was originally for.

Taehyung's eyes travelled back to Jungkook. The younger was softly feeling his face and with a deep sigh Taehyung started to walk to his own bed. His legs were slightly trembling and his hands had become clammy. Taehyung grabbed his blanket from his bed, wetting it in the toilet once again. "D..did...you...c...cool it?"

Jungkook's eyes travelled back up to Taehyung and his eyes soften a little at the shaking blonde boy who sat in front of the toilet, already wetting the blanket again. He didn't know why but he hated the fact that the elder looked so fragile because of him. "No......" A deep sigh left Jungkook's mouth. " I'm sorry Tae. It wasn't my intention to make you scared of me, you just really pissed me off."

Taehyung gave Jungkook a short nod, his hands still slightly trembling while he made his way over to the brown haired boy. "It's okay." Taehyung sat down on Jungkook's bed again and he gently pushed the blanket against Jungkook's eye. The cold feeling immediately stopped some of the pounding the bruise provided Jungkook with. A soft smile fell on the younger's face seeing the elder so concentrated with his job as a nurse. He's really good at this. Jungkook's hand reached up slowly, wiping Taehyung's bangs out of his face to see his eyes even better and clear Taehyung's vision. Jungkook softly placed his hand against Taehyung's cheek and their eyes lock for a short moment. "It's not Tae.....it's not okay." A soft whisper left Jungkook's mouth.

The only thing Taehyung could feel at that moment was the incredible speed his heartbeat had picked up at the little touch.