XV. I'll Stay

Keenon

I was sitting in the hospital lobby waiting on getting information in Toya. The crying couple was here with me, "why y'all always here for her?" I asked them trying to have a conversation.

"Because we weren't when we should've been." The man said and I nodded

"Who are you? Like how y'all know her?"

"Uh, we're her parents." The man did and I nodded.

"Why y'all let her get taken away"

"We were young." They said and I shook my head.

"Y'all must not know what she went through."

"What?" The lady asked and I shook my head.

"I'd rather let her tell y'all that." I said.

"Who are you to her?" The lady asked.

"Her boyfriend." I told her. "Keenon." I added extending my hand and shook the man's then the woman's.

"I'm Latvia." The lady said.

"I'm Kai." The man said.

"Family of Santoya Johnson." A doctor said. I went to her with her dad. "We stabilized her, she had a miscarriage, and slipped into a coma." He told us. "The time she wakes up depends on her. It could be days it could be years." I said.

"Can I see her?" I asked and he took me to her.

"Toya, baby wake up. Please. I need you, Ma." I said to Toya, who's in a coma. "Come on Ma, you got a nigga all in his feelin' and shit, you'll probably only see this rarely and right now you missing it." I said rubbing my head. "Toya, I love you baby. I know I don't tell you, but I do! And I want you to be my wife, I want to get my life together for you... with you, I want to start a family with you baby, move to some weird ass state like Arizona, yeah I like that, ain't shit happening there. I wanna be done with this life, I'm over this shit baby.

"I need you out this hospital, I need you back in when you have my baby, that's it! I never thought I would ever get this emotional over a girl." I chuckled looking at my hands. "Baby, I need you to wake up soon." I added. "I met yo parents." I told her. "I can't really say much about em honestly." I added.

"Baby wake up." I said grabbing her hand and kissing it. I talked to her until five in the morning the next day. I couldn't go home without her, so I decided ima stay with her.