Chapter Forty-Two

Leon zoomed through the houses with his ODM, his eyes fixed on the Armored Titan, as Eren and him fought. He glanced at his right and saw Jean and the others swinging at the houses, following and surrounding the Armored Titan.
When Hange and Mikasa had launched their Thunder-Spears at the Armored Titan's eyes, and pulled the trigger, it exploded, blinding the Titan.

"Let's go!" Jean called out.

He and the others came at Reiner's back, and at a proper distance, they launched their Thunder-Spears, stabbing him at the nape. And all pulled the string-trigger. The explosion sent them flying away. Leon landed a roof.

"It worked! The armor on his nape is peeling off!" Jean said.

Connie landed on the roof with Sasha.

"It worked?" Sasha said.

"DO IT AGAIN! ATTACK AGAIN WITH THUNDER SPEARS AND FINISH HIM OFF!" Hange said.

Leon turned to Hange with wide eyes, he then turned to Connie, Sasha and Jean, it was evident in their eyes that they were hesitant, but they weren't the only ones.

Why do I... he's a traitor – he's the enemy! Leon though.

"Reiner..." Connie said.

"You guys..." Jean began. "I thought you were ready if it ever came to this!"

"He's a traitor." Leon spoke.

"Leon..." said Sasha.

Leon turned to them, fury in his eyes.

"HE'S THE ENEMY! HIM AND BERTHOLDT!" Leon yelled. "IF WE DON'T KILL HIM... THEN WE WILL NEVER STOP FIGHTING!"

"LET'S GO!" Jean said.

Jumping from the roof, Leon and above Reiner, and when given the order, they launched their Thunder-Spears, and once it was deep into the Armored Titan's nape, they pulled the trigger. When the spears exploded. Leon landed on the roof with Jean and the others. Once the smoke cleared, he saw the outcome. Reiner was exposed, his head was –

"We blew his head off!" one of the Scouts yelled.

"The Armored Titan bit the dust!"

"He's..." Leon said. "He's dead..."

"We did it." Jean said, his voice cracking. "You were such a pain in the ass for us... serves you right, scumbag!"

He heard sobs, turning, he saw Sasha and Connie crying. A sudden warmth came rolling down his cheek...

"Why am I..." Leon said.

"What the hell are you crying for?!" Jean grabbed the two by their coats. "Come on, get up! This ain't over yet!"

Leon turned away and stared at Reiner.

Why am I feeling like this? he thought.

His mind went back to the time when Iris have swore that she was going to kill Reiner: I swear, I'm going to kill the Armored Titan... I'm going to kill Reiner! How her eyes only showed betrayal from their two... friends.

"Don't cry! We're the ones who killed him!" Jean yelled at Connie and Sasha.

"That's right... we killed him, without even settling an agreement... without even letting them know that we know who they are." Leon said.

"Leon..." Connie said.

"It's not like Iris gave us something about how to capture any of the Nine Titans... we didn't have a choice." Leon said. "They wouldn't come for a negotiation, since they're main goal is to get Eren and kill every last one of us..."