-1-

"get out you piece of shit" my asshole of a stepbrother billy said as he pulled into the parking lot of my new school, Hawkins High School. I was not thrilled I missed everyone back in California and always imagined starting high school with all my old friends. Opening the car door I stepped out grabbing my skateboard from the back seat and skated towards the front of the school.

Not watching where I was going I skated into a brunette haired girl and we both fell.

"ugh I'm sorry" I said.

"watch where you're going" the brunette haired girl said rolling her eyes.

"yeah right sorry" I said feeling my face heat up.

she examined me for a few seconds before asking, "are you new here or have I just not seen you around?"

"oh uh yeah I'm new I just moved from Calif-"

"jane!" a new voice called out and walking over to the brunette haired girl was a raven haired boy.

"sorry mike this girl ran into me with her skateboard" the brunette haired girl who must've been jane said.

"you should really watch where you're going you could've hurt my girlfriend" mike said in an annoyed tone.

"it was an accident but thanks for the tip" I said sarcastically bumping past him to get to the entrance. "what assholes" I mumbled to myself.

Once I got my schedule and locker combo from the office i headed to my locker. 4-30-23, the three numbers listed for the locker combo. As I kept trying in frusteration to open it, a brown haired boy with a bowlcut tapped me on the shoulder.

"excuse me u-um my locker is below yours" he said shyly with a small soft voice.

"oh um sorry" I moved back so he could get his open.

"did you need help with yours?" he asked kindly after getting what he needed out of his locker.

"yeah" I blushed from embarrassment.

"i'm will by the way but everyone calls me zombie boy" he mumbled opening my locker.

I frowned wondering why people called him that but only just meeting him I didn't wanna upset him. "oh, i'm max I just moved here from California"

"that's cool-" will began to say but was interrupted by the first bell. "crap I have to go to class but it was nice meeting you" he said politely.

"yeah thanks for helping me with my locker" I said.

He walked off to class leaving me alone and I began to put my stuff including my skateboard in my locker.

I'm so bad at writing lol but here's the first chapter