5.0

Pharoah

"It's gonna be okay" I attempted as I watched Everyone get ready for this cookout, it was decent out and when it gets a little nice the real ghetto comes out and they start trying to have a cookout— and shoot guns.

"Just cause you entertaining it don't me I am, king how long you and this girl been friends?" I looked up from the table I was starring at and shrugged.

"5 months, well longer than that but for what you're talking about... five months" I said and he just stared for a moment.

"How come we ain't meet her yet then?"

"You're embarrassing I told you this! Last night proved it even more"

"Babe,you know I love you and all that you are— but sometimes you're a lot to handle" my dad said without even looking up from what he was doing.

"A lot to handle?" He repeated as if it was hard to understand.

Kamillia ran down the stairs with a wide smile at first I was confused until the door opened. Then Nayson voice filled the room- kamillia ran towards the male and soon Kyra made her way there as well. "Nassiah don't make it a big deal,I'm just saying"

"Apparently you got a lot to say"

"Hey party people" Nayson said smiling widely. "Oh what I walk into?"

"Nayson I'm a lot to handle?" Pa asked and the boy looked at his brother with wide eyes.

"Absolutely— a shit ton, you're scary too" he added spinning Kyra around her laughter filled the air as he put her down then spinners kamillia.

"If you told me you're childhood then I can maybe see why you're like this and also— write my fucking English paper" I said the last quietly but the cold stare he gave me showed me he still heard. I watched him slow down cutting the vegetables making me gulp.

"Childhood? Nassiah? HA" Nayson said taking the cold stare off of me.

"If I don't wanna tell you stuff that had nothing to do with you I don't got to— Betta ask your mother" he said before looking down.

"That's not even fair! And it's invalid she didn't raise me— how am I gonna write 15 pages on someone I barely know!" I whined and Nayson snickered.

"King gonna cry" Kyra pointed out I threw a notebook at her and she giggled the twins running into the other room.

"Calm down king, I'm confused on this project first you had to write down peoples backgrounds—

"She said I had to change my topic, my data wouldn't be correct because if all the people around me grew up and have similliar dats then its invalid— anyway she gave me a new topic and now I have to write a outline by Monday and my beginning 2 pages front to back!" I said frustration taking a toll on me.

"Stop all that whining shit" My pa started

"You're literally one to talk, king what is the topic?" Dad said giving a kiss to Nassiah on his cheek.

  " about how the struggles of Chicago and the people around me shaped me as a person. How that shaped my opinions and how their upbringing influenced to mine"

  "Chicago fucked up cause the people fucked up, Ian shape you into a person you came out my balls and wanna be like me so bad you just listen to what I'm saying — ain't nobody that brought me up influenced me to do shit— finished ya project now leave me the fuck alone bout that shit" pa said as he waved the knife.

   "You can ask me if you want" Nayson started I shook my head.

  "No thanks, you went to private school its gonna be boring— in trying to ask Pa and dad but they're being dumb"

  "My childhood?" My dad said something ran through his eyes but he only shakes his head. "Ian have one"

   "Even better- well not for you but gives me 15 pages"

   "Isn't your girlfriend coming?" He said changing the subject.

   "Do you Guys want me to fail!" I finally yelled and the two of them looked at me.

   "King shut yo ass up for I beat yo ass up okay?" I rolled my eyes grabbing my stuff off the table and moved to the living room. Assholes. The fact that they never talked about anything made me even more intrigued. It's like my English teacher knew when she wrote this question- it was way better then the last one for sure. I never asked my parents about stuff they didn't bring up because it never crossed my mind— now I feel like I'm living with serial killers.

The girls were playing with their barbies and watching Disney and I just looked at my empty draft for English. I could make it up, I mean

I knew Pa grew up in Chicago— I knew he went to jail when he was around 18 was in there for about a year. I knew he met my pa at the barber shop. I knew he's known my uncle Donnie most of his life and they use to fuck around with illegal shit back then. I also known he got into some crazy shit because he has a scar down his face. Every time I asked about that scar he told me to ask the man who did t if I could find him— I never did. Then I realized I didn't know shit about my dad, sure he had a sister- they got adopted but that was it. I knew his birth mom and adopted mom died only because he would get sad around the same time of year and I heard my aunt amor bring it up.

"King stop pouting they gonna tell you eventually, probably just have to deal with what they buried years ago" Nayson said patting my shoulder.

"It's that bad?" He gave me a sad look that said everything, damn maybe my parents were Bonnie and fucking Clyde.

   When Omani arrived I felt my stomach sink, not because I didn't want her to be here I didn't even wanna be here no more, and my uncle Dayquellz showed up with Quelly and Reese I didn't care about Quelly but Uncle Donnie was my fathers right hand man— they got in trouble together and would embarrass me together. Omani looked nervous as shit. "Do you think they'll like me?"  I only shrugged because who knew what these people liked, I just wanted this day to end so I can curse them out in my head upstairs. I escorted her out back and everyone was minding their business.  "Dats my uncle Donnie, and his husband Maurice.  You know Quelly- the twins somewhere round hea.. my dad and pa arguing by the grill bout dumb shit— my uncle Nayson and Naylani Somewhere round hea"

  "Behind you" Naylani said with a smirk. "Hello Omani, you made it to step one—meeting the family, good luck dealing with them" she said only to scare the female and walked off.