Chapter 1

Opening her eyes, Rio was confused. Her head ached as if a million horses had galloped on top of it last night. Her mouth as dry as the desert and no memories whatsoever of how she had come to her bed, stretching her legs, she felt all the pain in her body hit her.

Reprimanding a scream, Rio felt droplets of water accumulate on her tear ducts.

Slowly opening an eye, she noticed, her surroundings were not what she was used to. The white walls, carefully drawn with gold details, the expensive artwork decorating the room, the handmade carpets, the big chandelier, the big bed, the jade vases. Although Rio had a large fortune accumulated from her work, it was still not enough to be able to afford all of that.

"What the?" She said, her voice still the same, a bit groggy from the sleep. Looking around she tried to locate her phone. Just whose house was this? Thinking that she immediately took out the duvet, only to discover herself wearing a large camisole. What was that? Well, at least she must have not done something improper.

Was this a hotel? Thinking about the previous night, it wasn't impossible that Cristen convinced her to swipe her card and spend the night bathing in luxury. But if that was so, where would she be, it was not possible to have a hotel in the city large enough to host two large rooms such as this one. Unless they were out of the city.

With that in mind, Rio quickly got up, going straight to the window and opening the curtains to check for her location. As the sunshine quickly lit the room, sudden blindness hit her eyes, only to be overpowered by the view. This was no hotel, this was a house. A mansion at that. There was no road nearby, no cars, nothing. The blue sky was a baby blue, partially covered with a few subtle clouds, the ground, a big garden, full of yellow roses.

Putting her hand on her forehead, Rio had trouble breathing, she couldn't believe her eyes, a part of her wanted to cry, a part of her wanted to kill. She couldn't tell which one was more potent. She knew exactly what had happened, she had seen movies about it and books. She never thought it could also happen to her. As she slowly fell on her knees, Rio didn't know what to think.

"I... This..." She said, her mouth out of words to say due to the shock. "I can't believe, Cristen made me rent a mansion. That's it, I'm broke now. Jobless and broke. I might as well become a bum on the street."

As she placed her hands onto her face, she felt a strand of hair reach her palm, the glossy golden locks, caressing her skin. Perfectly combed, shined holding a perfect curl, as if it had just been made at a salon. With a light scream Rio panicked.

"Oh god, she made me dye my hair too. Please don't tell me I have a tattoo." She said, lifting her camisole, only to find a thinly traced crown inked on the side of her left breast small enough to be confused with a mole, big enough to be identified if standing close. "Oh God, what the hell."

Tapping her body she tried to sense a piercing everywhere, with no remarks of it, she exhaled. If she had done one, her mother would have definitely killed her.

"Did I at least take off my makeup?" She wondered, Cristen was very strict with that sort of thing, however, judging by the fact that the woman was not there, Rio could only go have a look at the damage last night had caused her.

Entering the big bathroom, Rio was surprised, to find someone already in there.

"Who are you?" She screamed in a panic to the gorgeous young woman. Staring at her silk white skin, her golden almost mystical hair, her hypnotizing fierce golden eyes she felt weird.

As they simultaneously approached each other, Rio extended her hand only to feel the cold temperature on her fingertips. Opening her eyes wide, she retreated, her back reaching the limits of the bathroom as she fell on the floor, looking at her hand in despair, and then looking at the woman once again, perplexed. What was going on? Touching her face, she noticed, she was alone in the bathroom, the image reflecting in the mirror was her.