Part 21

The other 'comedians' just performed short stand up comedy routines, but the Jokers definitely stood out. I kept forgetting it wasn't a real competition. There was a script! Although the Jokers challenge wasn't scripted, so their reactions were real.

The crowd cheered- both on and off set. The guys left the set, and met up with me and Rachel by the camera.

"How was it?" Sal asked, with a nervous expression as he awaited the verdict.

"Oh," Rachel looked around, "it was OK. Not a step up from your original TV."

He nodded and turned back to the guys, who were already taking off their blazer jackets and shoes. "No, but we're heading towards the biggest moment of our careers. Madison Square Garden."

We finished up and headed towards the bus, anticipation and excitement passed through us like a tidal wave. We were heading to New York! The city where dreams are made. This would definitely be the best moment of my life- watching them perform at the best venue in all of America!

Me and the guys headed for the bright yellow bus- their faces plastered on each side. Definitely not a way to hide from fans, but, unlike other celebrities, the Jokers basked in it and loved meeting every single fan. Something so inspiring about them.

"How do you think it went?" I asked as we got comfortable on the sofas.

All of them had a face of dismay and definitely unimpressed.

"You gotta do what you're paid to do," Q said, getting the PlayStation remotes from a cabinet and handing the second to Murr.

Minutes passed.

"The silence is killing me," Murr said, after catching the rest of us on our phones, despite he himself playing on the PlayStation. "We need to clear something up because this has been a problem for a while."

"What's up?" I asked, with Q taking his headset off and Joe setting his phone down.

"You already know what it is," he said slyly. Sal gave a concerned look to his sudden burst of anger, and James snapped at him next. "Don't give her that look. You're just as bad. Have you shown her that fucking video yet?"

"James... shut up."

"Has she seen it?"

"No." My gut swelled up. He knew. And Sal knew. Q definitely knew too. The secret was out.

"It's not causing any problems," Sal said calmly, "you just need something to assign the blame too." He looked me square in the eyes, and I contemplated whether to tell the truth.

I stayed silent.

"She fucking kissed you! Sure, it was a drunken mistake, but then you telling me to delete the evidence and then trying to keep away from Olivia whenever she's around. Either you're 10 year's old or 11."

My mouth was sewn shut, I didn't belong here. I had screwed everything up. I took a deep breath and murmured, "I'm sorry."

"Look," Sal said evenly, "it didn't mean anything. I'm cool, she's cool about it. She apologised straight after, even threw up a little so pretty repulsed by it."

Something hit me hard. A thought. My drunk action was actually me acting out my desire, without any conscious and moral thought to get in my way. Maybe I wanted that kiss all along. But he just admitted it 'was nothing', so I repressed my thoughts, convinced myself I was confused and gave a sad smile.

"We need to do the live stream," Joe said.

I sat on my phone, messaging my old friends from Florida, whilst Joe and Sal attempted to start a live chat, but appearing more like two 80 year olds trying to work electronics.

"You alright over there, Grandpa?" Q yelled, their confused and focused faces plastered on the screen.

You are going live in 3...2...1

"Hey guys, it's Joe and Sal," Sal introduced, slowly watching the numbers climb from 3 to 112 to 3200 and probably more. I inched out of the firing line, still anxious to be near Sal and confront the video. It. Meant. Nothing.

"We're having such an amazing time on tour," Joe said, looking from Sal to the comments, "and off to NYC now! We're so excited, and thought we'd catch up with you guys before we're busy."

"Busy?" Sal asked, confused. "We're sight-seeing tomorrow. No work stuff."

"That is busy though. Probably shouldn't tell everyone we're sight seeing."

"New York's pretty big."

"Word can also spread pretty quick..." An awkward silence entailed, until Joe broke it, "anyway! Questions! What have we got..." he read through them, murmuring to himself. "How is the wife and kids? They're doing great, thanks for asking. Try and keep up to date with them every free second I've got. Miss them like crazy."

"They're so sweet though," Sal chimed in, "they call more than my mother calls. The kids are so happy to see you, your wife seems pretty loyal."

"As opposed to showing me a man she's brought home who just so happens to be naked on my bed. I'll see to him in a matter of 2-3 hours. I'm coming for you buddy!"

The phone was propped up against the washing up by the sink, and they were sat on one of the couches, heads pressed up close to the screen, straining their eyes to read the streaming comments constantly being propped up by a new comment.

Sal took lead, "uuuh... 'Madison Square Garden on Friday. How do you feel? Can't wait to see you there.' Thanks Chloe, can't wait for you to see the show, we've got some great and new things planned. Will be amazing. This is our biggest show to date- and it's almost sold out, and how many seats are there... almost 20,000 I think so that's incredible. Of course, it's pretty daunting, all those people coming to see us."

I finished checking up on my parents, and my old best friend Emily who had booked tickets for the show, and clicked on their live stream from my phone so I could watch what was presented to me in real life. Comments by the hundreds coming in every minute, each begging for a shout-out as both the guys quickly read "hey Georgia" or "Hey Louis, how are you?" Very stressful, but literally makes people's day. I tried to think of something witty or funny I could comment, my account so obviously mine it would be amazing. But I didn't have a comedy switch like everyone else.

So I typed, my brain switched off and my desire came on. Something I'd definitely regret typing but I kept going, until I pressed comment and saw it pop onto the screen.

Oh crap, oh crap.

Sal turned around and stared me hard in the eyes, working out for if it was a joke or if I was serious. My scared, exposed eyes gave it away. I'd just given myself away.

'I love you'