The demon of the mist

This damn mission is gonna be such a pain in the a-
"Ami, Ami! Hey are you even listening" yells naruto breaking my train of thought. I had been staring at the two mist nin who has attacked us earlier.
"Yeah yeah I hear ya" I say dismissively. After just about the most winded and boring explanation about how a man named Gato has taken over their port side community. Last time I was here they seemed fine. Next thing I know I'm being herded on a row boat to the land of waves. This boat ride proved to be extremely boring so me and naruto took on a very intense but silent game of rock, paper scissors.
"Rock, paper scissors shoot-" we both whispered.
"Ha in your face" I boasted. Naruto put his hand over his heart and pretended to faint into sasuke heartbroken at his loss.
"Would you two stop being losers for five minutes" Sasuke groaned pushing the orange ball off of him.
"Yeah Sasuke's right stop being stupid Amaya" Sakura wined. Yuck.
"Oh geez Sakura I'm sorry" I say with a shit eating grin on my face. She rolls her eyes in what I presume is disgust and turns away from me.
"Hey Ami why are we supposed to be whispering again" naruto says
"Well think naruto, the land of waves has presumably been taken over by Gato, right. Well what I'm saying is that we are in a motorized boat yet we are manually rowing it, why would that be Amaya, you ask. Well it's probably because he's got men surveilling the waters they want to know what's coming in and out. we also have to assume that he has sent more men after us because the last crew didn't quite get the job done, and seeing as they were about C rank nin and they were to weak to take us on, we will most likely sent even stronger nin probably of the A or B rank. So if I were you ladies I would keep my guard up" I say nonchalantly.
"W-wha A or B rank but we can't handle that" Sakura shuddered out.
"Well then you better put on your big girl pants my friend, because that's what we're gett'in. As shinobi we must be prepared for any Scenario and this time we just happen to get one of the negative ones" I say while laughing. She gives me an incredulous look and nods. She's got it exactly right kakashi thought almost shocked. Before I knew it we had hit land. Of course the moment we step off naruto starts acting like and idiot probably because he's paranoid about what I said.
Somethings wrong. their were alarms going off in my head I immediately stop and start looking around then I notice what Naruto's holding-
"Naruto stop!!-"
"GET DOWN" on instinct I got in the ground pulling the blonde knuckle head with me. A blade about the size of me flies over our heads and land in a tree. And their he was surprise surprise look who we have here.
"Wow how unpleasant it is to see you here. I only know one rogue ninja pretentious enough to carry around a sword that big, Zabuza Momochi" i say glaring at him. Kakashi gives me a shut the hell up before you get yourself killed look. I shrug it off not caring.
"Hey What Ami who is this guy... Let me take him on!!" Naruto tells at me.
"Whoah slow your roll hot shot he's way out of your league. And to answer your question he's not a very stand up guy" I say grabbing his collar.
"She's right naruto stand down" kakashi says
"Well if it isn't the ishikawa brat from the hidden rain. What? Will you be entertaining us today with a song. Ha You don't look as dirty as you did the last time I saw you and it looks like you made some friends" he sneers mocking me. Kenshin growls. They all give me a look that says your totally explaining everything when this is over I roll my eyes.
"Now enough with the chit chat give me the old man" zabuza demands
"Not gonna happen but it looks like I'll be needing this" kakashi says exposing his Sharingan eye.
"Wow how honored I am that I get to see the famous copy cat ninja in action" zabuza mocks. Then ensues to much chit chat about the Sharingan. But before the battle popped off kakashi turned to me and said.
"Amaya, though I know you could handle this guy you are to stay out of the battle and guard the bridge builder and only jump in if something were to happen to me" he says sternly.
"You got it" I nod.
Then the battle starts. The mist is blinding. And my team was breaking under the pressure one in particular.
"Sasuke! Calm down I'm right here I will protect you with my life so don't worry" kakashi says comforting them.
And before I know it I'm stopping zabuza' s blade from cutting tazuna in two.
We were in buckle, I was hold back his blade and he was pushing down with as much strength as he could while we were doing this the other three were getting tazuna out of range.
"So you gotten stronger since the last time we met huh" he spits.
"Shut the hell up I'm not here for idle chit chat" I say finally over powering him and pushing him back enough to jump away. Kakashi joins the battle and takes over to me. He gets trapped. Really. Jonine my ass.
"Take tazuna and run you can't defeat him don't be a hero!!" Yells kakashi. What an ass.
"Really? Run away? geez have some faith would you, you hypocrite. Run away and leave you behind what happened to sticking together and teamwork. We're not leaving you dummy anyways we wouldn't get very far." I yell back irritated. He huffs and shakes his head.
"Alrighty then" I say cracking my knuckles and neck.
"What do you say zabuza how about a round two picking up where we left off last time huh?"
I say.
"Do you really know this guy Ami" says naruto in a hushed tone.
"Sadly"I say.
"Sounds like a great idea" he says charging at me. I immediately block the sword with my Kunai than I duck down and try kicking his legs he jump away and comes charging back knowing it a clone i decide to just get it over with and punch his in the face so hard it explodes.
"Even when you were smaller you always did pack a punch" he said sending two clones ant me.
"shut up" I say taking out the first one and then moving two the second with immense speed. One by one I take out his clones.
"C'mon you bastard is that all you got" I say charging at his real body with my Kunai ready. But before I could get close three clones just out infront me.
"Ya know if my memory serves me right their was a little girl with you last time we my ishikawa, dirty little thing she was" he says. He's just trying to get under your skin don't think about her
"Shut up!" I yell offing the clone that was talking. Then the next starts talking.
"I remember you would feed her and be nice treat her like your own sister she always loved that mutt you carry with you didn't she?" He say with fake admiration in his voice. Not saying anything I take out that one two and then the last one speaks.
"It was too bad....she had to die though. Even worse it was in vain because you didn't even join us. I really thought getting rid of that brat would convince you the help me but I guess I thought wrong. You can't feel too bad though the worlds better off without her she was nothing but a dirty-" before he could finish his sentence I was moving towards his last clone Kunai ready. But I did the unexpected I dogged the clone and went straight for him. I see his eyes widen as I reel back my chakra filled fist and punch him so hard in the solar plexus there is an audible crack and all his clones disperse. He goes flying skidding across the water as the water dome kakashi was in was opened.

I breathed heavily as I watch his figure come to a stop.

"Zabuza all I will do is spare you. I won't kill you because that would make me just as terrible as the monster you are" I said as I walked along the water and stood over him.

"You child. You still don't have to back bone to finish the job..." he said as blood dribbled from the side of his mouth.

"No, I pity you, is all. Nothing more nothing less. You are a merely a lost soul, I feel nothing but sadness for you not hate. I won't kill you in honor of the life you took from me. Because though I believe you have a worse fate waiting for you beyond the veil I also believe it's rivaled by the one your living now. So go on living Zabuza suffer on this plain until you can no longer..." 

Though I held no fear my hands shook with an anger I wish I could shake.

"Amaya I'll take it from here you've done enough" kakashi says from behind me.

"Do whatever you must for your village Kakashi, no blood will be on my hands," he patted me on the shoulder giving me a solemn look before staring down at our enemy.

I then notice the three genin looking at me. I hate how they are looking at me right now, with those eyes.

"You guys can get out formation now" I said nonchalantly

"B-but Amaya what if he-" Sakura starts

"But nothing. That punch I give him did him in. Directly the the solar plexus most likely shattering most of his ribs and destroying some of his respiratory organs. The guys not gonna get up much less get up and try the kill someone." I said flatly. They all let out what seemed to be released sighs.

"AMI that was so cool!!! You totally kicked his butt" naruto started at me. As he kept rambling on about 'how cool I looked' I thought. If he's this cheerful then I'd assume he didn't hear anything I said about...her and I don't think the others did either. Which is a relief but kakashi did for sure I just hope he doesn't ask about it

"—and then you were like BOOM And just punched him and and-" Naruto continued to ramble.
"Alright we get it whiskers I'm the coolest out of all of you I think we already concluded that" I say ruffling his hair. He just laughs.

"Hn you wish loser" sasuke says nudging me. I lightly punch him in the arm.

"Yeah you wish you were as cool as sasuke Amaya" Sakura says to me with a smirk. I fake call the the ground and put my hand to my heart.

"Oh how you wound me Sakura. My feelings that hurt so bad" I say joshing her a bit. This time though he didn't roll her eyes she actually laughed and so did the boys and even tazuna. They went in talking.
I looked over to see zabuza still on the ground unmoving yet he was speaking to kakashi who who was crouching over him.

Kakashi looked disgusted by what he was saying while zabuza looked happy with it. What could a dying man and his enemy be talking about so intently I though confused.

After about ten minutes kakashi announced that we were heading to tazuna house. We decided to just leave zabuza where he was his was dying anyway so what's the harm right. As we were leaving though we get an unexpected visitor. A hunter nin picked up zabuza and left. Long story short naruto got mad, kakashi gave him a little speech about something.. I wasn't really listening and then he passed out.

"You damn fool" I say hoisting his unconscious figure over my shoulder as we made our way to tazuna's home.

Hey guys I'm trying to keep updates as frequent as possible. Ik I changed what happened but I thought that just fit my story. I tried to give more insight into Amayas past. Sorry about grammar I do my best. Thank you very much for reading my story so far😁.