Chapter 12: War of Hormones

Namjoon's preteens were finally over, along with the acne and most of the voice cracks, but with the beginning of his actual teens years also came some new kind of trouble

Firstly; hormones, the raging kind. No more details needed.

Secondly; hormones again, but not his; Mirai's.

Puberty was awkward on boys, but on girls...

On girls, it was a different story!

He thought puberty had hit him hard after he had grown over a foot taller in the course of a summer, but puberty hit Mirai harder; much harder.

The transformation happened overnight. One day, she just showed up to school in a girl's uniform and Namjoon nearly lost his mind then and there.

Curves he had never seen coming had appeared on her out of nowhere thanks to her new shirt and tailored vest. The skirt showed her legs, legs that became both Namjoon's curse and blessing...

He had always found her beautiful, but now that age had brought her charms out in the daylight, suddenly, even her detractors were looking at her in awe, or the guys did at least.

When Mirai noticed the way she was suddenly being looked at, her expression gained a slight look of confidence and that only managed to make her look even more attractive.

Put like that; Mirai's glowup might have sounded like a good thing, but there was a major downside.

Now, other people looked at her the way only Namjoon had been looking at her until now.

That, he didn't like one bit.

***

Namjoon was finished getting changed after PE when a guy came next to him with and tried to make a bit of small talk. At least, to the untrained ears it sounded like small talk, but Namjoon knew very well the true reason a dude came up to talk to him out of nowhere. This school was full of rich kids, but this one really looked the part with his fashionable haircut, his expensive looking watch and his cocky air.

''Mirai and you... Are you two... like together?'' the guy finally asked with a brazen smile, usually the guys who wanted him to introduce them to Mirai were at least a bit embarrassed, but this one was infuriatingly confident about the whole ordeal.

''No, we're just friends...'' Namjoon said with an annoyed sigh.

''So she's...'' the guy started, eyes glimmering with hope.

''Not interested in a looser like you...'' Namjoon interrupted abruptly.

''How do you know? Can't you just give me her number so I'll try for myself? Come on... I'll even pay you. She won't know I got her number from you...'' the guy tried to coax.

''Not gonna happen.''

''Come on... You're so deep in the friendzone you'll never get out of it, but you could still help a guy out! The next time I see her cute little ass in those gym shorts, I won't be able to hold myself back from feeling it up...'' the guy said jokingly.