ix. ( shards of glass )

MISSING!

MELISSA FLORES AND richie tozier had been sitting outside for quite a while, waiting on their friends. melissa let out a huff and moved her head onto richie's lap, staring up at the sky with a flower twirling around in between her fingers.

the two practically talked eachothers heads off until their mouths ran dry and there was nothing else to talk about anymore.

now, richie was currently circling the group with his bike as he rambled on with dumb rants. the rest of the group were walking their bikes with melissa walking alongside beverly.

"no, seriously, melissa and i loved being your personal doormen. i mean, come on! could you idiots have taken any longer?" richie sassed the group.

meanwhile, melissa's eyes wandered around the area as they walked. "shut up, richie." she says, half listening and half in her own world.

"yeah, shut up richie." stanley adds. richie rolled his eyes. "oh, i get it," he then went against the groups will and kept talking.

"trash the trashmouth. hey, at least i wasn't the one scrubbing bathroom floors, imagining that beverly's sink went all eddie's moms vagina on halloween."

"she didn't imagine it. i saw something too," bill defended his redheaded crush. stan became confused. "you saw blood?"

"no. well⎯ yes, but i also saw g-g-georgie. it seemed so real. it looked like him but there was this..." bill trailed off, coming to a loss of words.

"clown." eddie finished for the stuttering boy. "yeah, i saw it too." melissa immediately snapped back into reality when she overhead their words.

"no you didn't. you couldn't have! i mean, actually you could've but⎯ this can't be happening!" she began to panic.

"chill out," stan attempted to calm the frantic girl down. they couldn't seem to figure out why she was so alarmed by it. bill started to suspect that she knew something they didn't, but soon decided it wasn't worth forcing something out of the poor girl.

"wait, can only virgins see this stuff? is that why i'm not seeing this shit?" richie put a stop to her worrying. at least he hasn't seen anything of the clown...

yet.

"oh shit," eddie says, noticing an all too familiar car nearby. "that's belch huggins car. we should probably get out of here." he says, wanting to avoid bowers and his gang.

"wait, isn't that the homeschooled kids bike?" bill pointed out a bike with a basket attached to it next to the car.

"yeah, that's mikes." eddie confirms. a wave of realization hit the losers, as well as panic. everyone except for melissa.

she was confused as to why it was such a big deal that some kids bike was next to someone elses car. "we should go help him." beverly says. richie gave a look of uncertainty. "we should?" he asked, hoping for a no as a response.

"yes!" beverly replied in a desperate voice. the ginger ran off into the direction of the woods, zooming past the car and bike.

entering a clearing, she slowly came to a stop once she saw what was happening. the losers and melissa stopped close behind her.