- lessons -

comment and vote, please!

NATASHA WAS GIVEN TWO RULES when she offered to babysit Elenora

1. Do not refer to it as babysitting, or Elenora will throw a fit like a baby.

2. No Peter in the house. Unless for summer homework. Then he must leave by 6:30 PM.

Steve and Bucky had written out them down for her, convinced that she would forget, go against them, or claim they had said different rules. 

These rules, they told her, were very important to Elenora's well being.

But neither of them, Natasha realized after 72 hours of them being gone, had anything to say about Elenora glowing blue.

Given, the girl wasn't only glowing blue - no, that'd be too easy - she was shaking, and things around her were shaking as well. 

She was a mess - a full mess. Standing in the middle of the hallway, arms clung to each other and hair as wild and as messy as it could get. Not to mention the terrified expression on her face -Elenora looked like she was going to barf. Or cry. Or scream. 

And then there was the shaking - like she was cold or something, but not like that at all because everything around her was being moved and shoved and pushed and there was zero stability whatsoever. 

Not to mention, again, she was glowing blue.

After this, Natasha decided, she would retire from babysitting forever. 

"Have you tried a shower?" Natasha suggested, her tone louder than regular in an effort to be heard over the noise of mail tumbling off the table. "Hot water might help you...relax."

"I can't go into the bathroom," Elenora paused to draw a sharp breath, "without everything moving ten feet away from me."

Natasha furrowed her eyebrows. "Do you think you could do that to water?"

Elenora ran her fingers through her knotty, bed-recked hair. "Do we want to find out?"

Letting out a sigh, Natasha's eyes glossed over the written rules. 

So much for an easy weekend. 

"Uh, Aunt Tasha?" Elenora broke her out of her thoughts. it was really not the time for one of the earth's mightesty Avengers to be thinking about vacation. "What are we going to do?"

"Stark?" she offered.

"No way."

"Banner could help - loss of control and all."

"Aren't you the one who sings him back to human form?"

"Do you want me to sing to you?"

A wild mess of brown hair shook. "Absolutely not."