Thirty Six

a/n: giving insight on your favorite character tonight. also sorry for the short chapter!

Benjamin and Elly walk into the classroom together, sitting down.

"Wait...So Kiara and Zoē stopped being ya friend so that Zoē could date Katen?"

"Yes..because Katen hates my guts, for whatever reason, and apparently Zoē really liked him".

"And ya friend Kiara who you've known basically ya whole life just gave it all up like that?"

Benjamin shrugs, "I guess her and Zoē were closer. I'm not really sure. The whole situation is stupid".

Elly looks over, seeing Kiara looking at them. She shakes her head, "Wow. Sorry about that, man. That shits wild".

Benjamin nods, "I'm kinda numb to the whole idea, it's just they keep taunting me and it's repetitive".

"You just gotta ignore it...Don't give ya energy to ignorance".

**
Elly walks into her house, going into her room. She sits down on her bed, scrolling on her phone.

Her mom walks in, smiling, "Elenor. I need to talk to you".

Elly rolls her eyes, "I told you, I go by Elly".

"Mhm, and I told you that I'm going to call you whatever I named you. Sit up".

Elly sits up, shoving her phone into the front pocket of her jeans.

"What did I tell you about those clothes? Those are boys jeans..and boxers...Elenor?"

Elly shakes her head, "We're not doing this. What did you need to talk about?"

"You're abuelita and abuelito are having their anniversary next weekend. A ceremony to renew their vows followed by a party at your Tio Alex's house".

Elly nods, "Okay? And?"

"My sister and I are going shopping for it and I need you to watch the kids".

"Why? Where's Eva?"

Elly's mother smiles, "She went to group with Jose. She's gonna get help".

"Group? Mom are you-...she needs fucking rehab".

"Don't tell me what my daughter needs. I know what I'm doing. Now change your clothes and come watch them".

Elly shakes her head, standing up from her bed to go out into the living room. Elly's mom, Ana, walks over to her sister, grabbing her purse.

Ana's sister whispers something about Elly to her and shakes her head. "We'll be back, Elly. There are frozen nuggets in the freezer and some juice boxes".

Elly nods, "Yup".

Once they leave, Elly picks up the youngest girl, Lola, smiling. "Hi precioso".

The second oldest, whose name was Maya walks over to Elly. "Teetee can we watch coco?"

Elly nods and smiles, "Yes, baby. Can you go and sit down next to Isabella?"

**
Elly's mom, Ana, shakes her head. "It's bad enough her father supports it".

Ana's sister, whose name was Angelina shakes her head as well. "Send her off to live with him then. Doesn't need to be around those kids dressing and looking like that".

"Every time I tell her to change she gets an attitude..can you believe, one day I sent her to school in this beautiful floral top, some cute ripped skinny jeans and sandals, and she came back in sweatpants, a hoodie and Jordan's".

"Are you kidding me?" Angelina looks over at Ana.

"Yes. I did her hair too and she put it up in a ponytail..she has such pretty and long curly hair and she just disregards her beauty".

"Well..she's not wearing baggy pants and shit at mom and pops wedding anniversary, is she?"

"Hell no. I'm gonna get her a cute white dress..I'm gonna do her makeup..her hair..".

"Good. I can help too. She can not embarrass the family name like that".

"Absolutely not. She's gonna have to get over herself and stop trying to be something that she's not".

"It's sucks. She used to dress so nicely. Cute dresses and cute tops. Moving to Brooklyn must've ruined something".

"No offense, but I hope my daughter doesn't turn out like that. Another one of them in the family? Nope".

"It's embarrassing, almost. You know, but her father says I should support everything she does..and I mostly do but that behavior is unacceptable".

"Good thing you divorced him. He isn't good, feeding her these lies that shouldn't be told".

"That's the only reason she's not allowed to go live with him. He's gonna corrupt her even more. I want the world for my baby girl and it's gonna start with me helping her out this phase".

"You're doing good".

"I mean...a girl wearing boxers? Does that not seem odd to you? She only wears sports bras...Her pants are sagged sometimes..I just..can't...I have a daughter, not a son".

**
Elly lays Maya and Isabella down as it was time for bed and no one was home yet. She was feeding Lola her last bottle while sitting on the couch.

Elly looks down, seeing Lola was sleeping. She smiles, standing up to put her in Lola's room. "Goodnight, princesa".

Elly closes the door and walks back into the living room, grabbing her phone.

Her mom and aunt walk in. "Hey. The girls asleep?"

Angelina looks over at Elly in disgust which causes Elly to feel uncomfortable.

"Yeah. Lola just fell asleep. I'm going to bed now". Elly stands up from the couch, going into her room. She checks her messages, seeing a few from Noah.

She leaves him a message, informing him that he had to babysit.

Ana walks into Elly's room, shutting the door. Elly looks up, sighing, "What now?"

"Watch your mouth. You can't talk to me how you want. At the end of the day, I'm your mother, understand?"

Elly nods, "Yeah".

"What do you plan on wearing to your abuelos anniversary?"

Elly shrugs, "I don't know. Some jeans..a nice shirt".

"Mm. Okay. Night". Ana walks out and shuts Elly's bedroom door.

Elly sighs and takes off her hoodie. She sits down on the bed, rubbing her eyes before going into her bathroom to get ready for bed.