2

“I cannot do this, Gracie.”

“But I fucking can.” I stomped my foot and groaned loudly, gaining some attention from our fellow classmates and I waved them off with a smile.

The lectures for the day were all done and it was now time to leave. I was hoping that Grace would have forgotten all about Kyle, but turns out she has not and she was persistent on taking me to him so that I could turn him down.

Kyle was a really nice guy, don't get me wrong, but he was sometimes just too much. He would never understand the indirect message being sent towards him and that was exactly why I did not want to talk to him because I would just have to say him flat out no and I did not like hurting anyone's feelings.

But Grace was persistent that I turned him down this instant because it had been a while since my phone was on general mode and it was now time that I finally change it from silent. I had been missing way too many calls from her and as I had mentioned before, she was one impatient girl.

“You will not do any such thing!”

Fucking try me.”

I shook my head and plopped the bag over my shoulders before dragging myself towards my locker where I was sure I would find him waiting for me, yet again.

“Hey, Rosaline!” Kyle’s excited self spoke and I retreated one step back, suddenly not wanting to talk to him anymore, but I felt a rough push from behind me and I moved two steps further.

“Don’t you even fucking dare.” She whispered, angrily.

I walked towards Kyle and stood at a good friendly distance from him as I passed him a wide smile, “Kyle, hey.”

“You did not pick up my call yesterday.” He said, with a frown plastered on his face.

“I am sorry. I did not hear it ring.” I heard a scoff from behind me, as those words left my mouth.

“It’s okay. I just wanted to ask if we can hangout tonight?” His big brown eyes batting with hope and I felt so bad.

“Actually, I sleep early on Thursdays.”

Another scoff.

“Oh, that’s no problem. We can go tomorrow?”

I passed him another smile, as I answered, “I am not allowed to leave the home on Fridays.”

“We can always go on Saturdays!” He spoke, excitedly and that was the high moment for Grace as she pushed me behind and stood before me.

“How fucking dumb can you get? She is not fucking interested in you, so leave her the fuck alone.” She growled, angrily and I could see the sadness spreading on his face. My lips twitched down and I hold Grace's hand tightly to let her know that she was being rude.

“B-But, I thought she liked me back.”

“Did she even once picked up your call?” She asked, intimidating.

“No, but she said she did not hear it ring.”

“Did she ever agreed to go out with you?” She asked, taking a step further.

“That’s because she has her reasons!”

“There is no fucking reason, asshole. Learn to take a hint!” She had him against the locker by now and he looked terrified looking at her red face which was filled with anger.

“W-What hint?” He asked as Grace pulled away fisting her hair in frustration.

“Are you always this fucking dumb?!”

“Huh?” A nervous smile came across my face as I saw the scene unfold before me. I knew what was going to happen next, but he did not deserve it. It was not his fault that he was this innocent.

“Listen here kid and listen well. She—” She spoke, bringing me forward by gripping my shoulders as I gave him a small smile, “is not interested in you.” She completed her sentence, emphasizing on not a little too forcefully.

“You—You’re not?” He asked, his voice cracking a bit in the end.

“Kyle, I would love to be your friend. I am just not looking forward to a relationship right now.” I answered with a gentle smile and put my hand on his shoulder, squeezing it in an comforting manner.

“We can take it slow.”

“Oh, fuck it!”

Before I could say or explain anything to him any further, Grace’s knee met with his junior and he keeled on the ground holding it in pain.

She grabbed my arm and dragged me across the corridor towards the parking lot as I yelled loudly, “I am really sorry, Kyle.”

“And that’s fucking why you never lead a guy on.” Grace spoke, while buckling her seat belt on.

“I was not leading him on.” I muttered, in a low tone as I buckled my seat belt too.

“Think again.”

She replied before pressing the engine and roaring it to life. We talked about random stuff all throughout the ride and luckily, we did not break any rules or signals.

Fifteen minutes later, we were parked outside my house and I unbuckled my seat before passing a genuinely huge smile towards her, “I’ll see you tomorrow, Gracie.”

I opened the car door and got down, as she gave me a two finger salute, “Later, Rosa.” She started the engine once again and pressed the accelerator not before saying, “Don’t forget to take your meds, Rosa.”

I shook my head and smiled at her worry. She did not have to worry about me not taking my medicines. I had it all under control. I was not going anywhere without pursuing my degree.

I entered my home and walked straight to my room, not before locking the door because safety first. Once I was in the comfort and warmth of my room, I dropped the bag on the floor and walked towards the wall where the days were written, some crossed with a red pen and some still unmarked. I picked a red pen from the drawer and crossed yet another day and smiled at the thought of meeting my parents.

Now, only one seventy six days left.

••••••••

I am too overwhelmed with all the love that you guys have been showering on this book.

I am not even kidding, this is my first book which has received so many views in just one day.

❤️❤️❤️