Running Wild

Aron looked at me in shock. I had changed into a beast completely different than before.

With all my mixed feelings of rage, pain, and sadness, nothing was able to stop my transformation. I wasn't as beautiful as before, nor as appealing to the eyes but it resembled the ugliness that hid away in my heart. The betrayal, the misery, the jealousy, the hatred, all of it showed.

I wanted to let go of everything. I wanted to completely forget everything that has happened since I met Royce. I no longer wanted to deal with the pain of losing someone, the pain of rejecting someone, the pain of being rejected. I no longer wanted my life to be surrounded by heartbreak.

All I could do was question the feelings of love. People always say how great being in love is and how it can over come anything, but they forget to mention that it can be the worst feeling you have ever felt. They forget to tell you the most important thing. They forget to tell you that love doesn't last, that love is only a temporary feeling. Everyone knows feelings tend to fade with time. The rush of adrenaline and the explosions of butterflies only happen in the beginning but they got lost toward the end.

I never thought that what started out mutual could turn out to be one sided. I gave Royce my heart, expecting that he would give me his, but he didn't, and that's a mistake I'll have to live with. But I wonder, can someone really love without a heart? Can I really love without a feeling of love?

Falling in love was bad enough, but falling for Royce was what made it worse. I was too blind to see that love isn't always a good thing. I never noticed how love and hate were so close, I never noticed how they were hand in hand.

My body automatically charged to where I thought Holly was since my mind was no longer in control.

Hate burned through me, pushing me forward to go after her, but along with it, a little bit of regret began to settle in. There was a little bit of doubt and guilt hiding away behind all of my rage. I know nothing good will come from attacking Holly. By hunting her down, perhaps even killing her, it would make me a monster worse than she was.

And once I transformed back to a human, what would be left of my life then? How would I continue? Would Royce really want to stay with someone who killed a person? Would Aron want to be friends with someone who sent a young girl to her death bed? What about Andrew or Jake? Or Elliot and James? Would any of them want to be around someone like that? How would my parents react to their only daughter being a cold blooded murderer? Would anyone really respect a person who killed out of jealousy and envy? I wouldn't. And what about her family? Her mother would be heartbroken. Her father devastated. Her younger brothers and sister having to live on with the memory of what it was once like to have someone to look up to. And every time they think about her, they'll think about me. The one who killed her, the one who made a mother out live her own daughter.

I don't want to be known for that.

I don't want to be known as the jealous ex who killed a girl because my ex boyfriend moved on. The girl so overwhelmed with the idea of love that when she thought she lost it, she went crazy and attacked someone.

I don't want to be that girl.

I don't want that cruel and psychotic person to be the one I see in the mirror.

But I suppose it's too late. My body is already running wild. I have already given up on myself, yet, somehow, I wish I hadn't.

It would be easier if I let go of my anger and left myself as an empty shell. If I let go of everything, then no one will be hurt, not even I.

I charged to the doorway, though my big body could only get half way in so I was stuck half way in and half way out. I thrashed around growling and snarling as I tried to get myself all the way inside. I was making a scene and acting like a crazed and wild animal, though luckily, someone blocked of the door way area so no one was around. Saliva dripped from my mouth as I started to bite the air while whipping my head back and forth. The door way began cracking as I still tried to force my way inside. I was so overwhelmed with rage, I didn't feel my ribs breaking nor my skin being cut and ripped open. All I could feel was an unsettling throb in my heart. I couldn't see myself, but I was sure that I felt tears falling down my face.

There was a sharp pain in my neck and I looked up to see that Elliot had shot me with a dart when I wasn't paying attention. It began getting hard to breathe and it felt like my blood was on fire.

Slowly, I began turning back into a human. The sounds of my bones cracking and reshaping themselves echoed in my head.

That's when I began to realize physical pain. I had torn muscels, broken rips, cut and bruised skin, and a throbbing pain in both my head and heart.

Way to go me. I may have truely destroyed myself and all for the sake of nothing.

I laid on the floor in pain, unable to move, as Aron rushed over to me. His look of shock and worry was a heart breaking expression as he looked down at the beaten up and bloody me.

Layla then came out and saw me, and unlike Aron, she stood in fear. She didn't know what to do as she stood there petrified, looking at her half dead friend.

A sharp pain shot throughout my head as I flinched and tightly shut my eyes. The cold floor felt good as a high fever quickly began eating away at me. My vision was a blur but I could hear Aron and Layla yelling my name as Elliot told them to step away. A few moments later, I heard someone running towards me and I was lifted up off of the ground, my body still throbbing with pain.

Everything after that was black and silent. It was as if for a moment, I had become nothing, almost as if I was dead.

*TO BE CONTINUED*
Slow update, I know, and sorry again.
Plus it was a short chapter so that makes it worse but I don't know when I will be able to add onto it so I figured this was better than nothing.

If I didn't update soon, I knew people would start thinking I was dead again xD sorry to tell you, but I'm very much alive 😘

P.S this may be edited later

Vote, Comment, and Follow~