31:concert

Amber placed the works of art in the older woman's palm firmly and smiled. The lady laughed and took the earrings from her gently, murmuring her thanks as she marvelled at their design. She raised them into the air, letting the light of the sun filter through the translucent plates.

"They are really so pretty. Perhaps I'll wear them now." She said, unclipping her simple gold studs and replacing them with the new earrings. They really did suit her. The earrings seemed to enhance the elegance she already exuded, adding on to her attractive features.

"They look so good on you!" Amber gushed. "Should I take a photo for you?"

"Yes please!" The woman nodded and passed over her phone.

Amber snapped a few quick pictures, making it a point to take her photos at flattering angles. They both peered at the snapshots and the woman gushed over them with her approval. She then swiped out of the gallery application to check the time. Amber's breath hitched as JieMi's face winked back at her cheerily. Oh, the older lady was a fan of JieMi.

"Oh?" Amber smiled at the sight of the IDOL member. "Is JieMi your favourite member?" The woman was startled and glanced at her in confusion. Amber gestured to her phone.

"I do love him the most. That is for sure," she replied with a quick nod, looking fondly at the picture. Amber leaned in to gaze at the photograph, whistling appreciatively at the fantastic image.

It was beautiful.

JieMi was giggling so hard that laughing wrinkles had formed at the corners of his eyes. They tilted upwards in adorable little creases of skin. It was just enough to indicate his joy but not enough to make him look older than he was.

His nose was all scrunched up in an adorable wrinkle with his mouth open to reveal a set of pearly white teeth, alluding to loud barks of laughter. It was an extremely happy, high definition photograph of him, which was something very unlike the usual images of the man.

His photos from concerts commonly consisted of highly sexual poses. He was always portrayed as a confident, sexy man with eyes that brimmed with deep, dark heat as he grinded his hips to the music. It had also led to—Amber inhaled sharply at the thought—many fans creating social media accounts dedicated to his bulge.

Amber mentally groaned. But she guessed this was what happened when one thrusted one's hips in front of a million fans repeatedly in skinny jeans. His cock was worshipped by many of his fans. And there were thousands of thousands of images of the sinful swell of his hard appendage between his muscular thighs.

This picture was nothing like that. Aside from the delirious happiness in this photograph, there was a softness to those large doe eyes. A softness that she was not used to seeing and her heart warmed at the sight.

Cute.

"That picture's beautiful," Amber murmured. "He's amazing."

"Hmm? What do you like about him?" The lady asked curiously.

"Um," Amber hummed softly, tapping her chin, deep in thought. She turned to smile at the woman. "His determination."

"Not his face huh?" The older woman looked genuinely shocked at her reply. Was that all you liked about JieMi, lady? A smirk flickered over her lips at her words.

"Oh no. Sorry," Amber hummed softly to herself, trying to find the right words to say. "He's dreamed about this—"Amber waved her arms at the stadium. "—for so long and even though he's achieved so much. He's still fighting so hard every day."

Amber laughed fondly. "I dance a bit as a pastime and I can tell that he works really hard for his fans! Going way past his limits."

She gave the woman a cheeky smile and an exasperated little shake of her head for good measure. "Sometimes I wish I could tell him to take care of himself." Amber fibbed an angry face, wagging her finger in the air comically as she spoke. "JieMi, could you just drink some water and get some rest for 5 minutes? Sit the hell down! The fans wouldn't mind if you take a little break."

"That's what I tell him all the time!"

"Huh?" Amber raised a brow.

"F-Fan meets. I've met him a few times." The lady nodded jerkily.

"That explains the really good picture."

The woman grinned. "That was a good answer dear. I rarely hear that from his younger fans." Amber gave her a breathy laugh in response.

"They usually swoon about his good looks, don't they?"

"Yes...It's always the same answer: JieMi is so handsome."

"Of course he is," Amber shrugged. "He's got good genes, his Mom must be exceptionally beautiful."

"Oh!" The woman coughed, clearing her throat. "Y-you think so?"

"AMBER! GET YOUR ASS HERE! We're entering soon!" Miri's voice interrupted their chatter and Amber glanced up to see her best friend waving to her. Oh...Shit. She swallowed thickly, licking her parched lips. They needed the water if they wanted to survive this.

She spotted a staff member at the other line selling bottled water from a large cardboard box. Amber nodded to her hero politely and sprinted quickly towards the staff member. She paid for two bottles cutting back into the line to stand beside Miri.

"Damn girl. What happened?" Miri raised a brow at her. Amber sighed, pressing her hand to the stitch forming at her side.

"God, I'm really unlucky today. The water cooler down that aisle was broken and I met a—"

"Miss! You're in front of me?" Amber turned to see the same older woman smiling at her.

"Oh! Hello!" Amber grinned, waving at her, bowing politely to her saviour. Oh, the woman was looking for water too. She glanced at the bottles in her hands. One less wouldn't hurt. "You didn't get a bottle of water, right? Do you want this one?"

"Are you sure? Hold on let me get the money to pay you," the woman fumbled in her wallet and groaned as she pulled out large bills. "Do you have enough change?"

Amber fished around in her wallet, coming up short. Shit. She turned to look at Miri who shook her head and flashed her, her credit card. Damn. Amber made a face at her BFF before turning to smile at the older lady.

"It's okay. Please just take it."

"You sure?"

"I insist!"

"Oh, thank you so much." The woman bowed and Amber blushed, bowing quickly while they walked through the lines. It was a weird half bow that consisted of an awkward jerk of her hips. Before she knew it, she was in the stadium again, ready to watch the concert.