#14 Hospital

"Excuse me. May I know where Thomas Robertson's room is, please?" Emily asks a nurse at a counter. Right now, Emily and Katherine are in a hospital to visit Thomas. He was admitted to the local hospital after the final match because of fractured ankle. Ouch! Oh ~ Speaking of the final match, Emily's school won the Championship Cup! Unfortunately, the team had to celebrate without Thomas, but they brought the cup to Thomas to celebrate again in his hospital room the day after the match and they took some pictures of the celebration. Since they were in a hospital, they had to celebrate quietly.

*******

   "Hello!" Emily opens the door of Thomas' room with a big smile. Their father had already prepared a VIP room for Thomas so that he can have some privacy with the guests. Thomas looks up from his phone and smiles at Emily and Katherine.

   "How are you feeling now? Getting better?" Katherine asks whilst sitting on a sofa.

   "Yup, a bit," Thomas shrugs, feeling unsure of what he is feeling right now.

   "Hey, Tom! Look what I brought for you," Emily takes out a tub of ice cream from her bag. Thomas gasps in excitement.

   "Cookies 'n Crème!" Emily and Thomas exclaim simultaneously. Cookies 'n Crème is Emily and Thomas' favourite ice cream whenever they eat ice cream together because it's a combination of their favourite flavour - Emily loves vanilla while Thomas loves chocolate. Meanwhile, Katherine sets a table beside Thomas with small cups and spoons.

   After that, the three of them eat the ice cream gratefully. "Thank you," says Thomas.

   "You're welcome," Katherine replies whilst shoving a spoonful of Cookies 'n Crème into her mouth.

   Then, there is a man getting into the room with a white coat on. He holds a sheet of paper and looks at it whilst walking towards Thomas' bed.

   "Hey, Stephen!" Emily waves at Stephen.

   Stephen looks up from the paper and says, "Oh, hey, Emily! I didn't see you there. You came just now?" he turns to Katherine and smiles at her. Emily nods in response. Stephen became the doctor of Thomas. Their father purposely sent Thomas to the hospital where Stephen works so that Stephen can look after Thomas easily. Actually, it was Stephen's idea and he volunteered himself to become Thomas' doctor. He is such a good brother, isn't he?

   Emily watches on as Stephen puts the paper on a small table and checks Thomas' condition. She peers closely at the paper and reads Stephen's real name which is Stephen Ainsley. Ainsley is quite a unique surname. Maybe he took his father's last name.

   "You shouldn't eat ice cream on this cold day!" says Stephen whilst shaking his head.

   "But this is my favourite!" Thomas continues eating the ice cream, ignoring Stephen's advice. "Actually, I didn't ask for it. Emily brought it for me". Emily glares at Thomas who is smirking at her.

   Suddenly, there's a knock on the door and a nurse comes in. "Dr. Ainsley, there's someone who wants to meet you in your office," she says while taking a quick look at Emily, Katherine and Thomas who are eating ice cream. Emily gives the nurse a small smile. She knows that the nurse is annoyed with her as she sits on Thomas' bed whilst leaning her body against Thomas' shoulder casually. Maybe the nurse thinks that her position makes the patient uncomfortable, but when she looks at Thomas, he seems fine with it. He even asked her if she's comfortable sitting like that. Huh.. Just ignore the nurse, Emily.

   "Okay, tell them I will come in a minute," Stephen tells the nurse and she nods and exits the room. Emily narrows her eyes at the nurse as she smiles to herself and opens the door. Maybe she has a crush on Stephen. Yeah, yeah. Emily knows that Stephen is attractive. If he wasn't her stepbrother, she would fall for him too. Hehehe... Emily shakes her head absent-mindedly. What was I thinking? Urgghh.. Stupid thought!