|33|

The seconds tick by with Jisoo holding onto Jennie's hand. She supposed hers would be clammy but though there was a feeling of nervousness, somehow the brunette's fingers intertwining with hers made her feel comfortable and at rest. She wonders if Jennie felt the same or if she's regretting her decision and finding ways to take her hand away already. If it was the latter, she would have said it after a few moments since Jennie isn't really one to stick onto something that's uncomfortable to her. But if it was the former... Jisoo couldn’t tell, not with the other girl facing the ceiling and closing her eyes while she kept their hands together.

"Sleep, Jisoo."

"I'm trying!" She exclaimed and her voice was too loud for the silent room. She cleared her throat and closed her eyes. "I mean yeah... I am."

It's almost impossible to sleep when her heart's racing and definitely can't get a hint that she should be sleeping. She thought of putting a palm against her chest but she wouldn't want to be too obvious around the younger girl. When Jisoo thought Jennie already fell alseep, she opened her eyes again to glance at her. There was a calm breathing so she angled her body to face the latter.

She wanted to watch the younger sleep because it was just too damn cute. She might be acting creepy right now but it's not like she gets every day to watch Jennie for hours. It's always her trying to wake up the younger girl or getting away at night with the latter's back to bid good night to. But now she could see the softness and raw beauty of Jennie as they lay side by side each other.

"Don't stare like that. I might think you expect me to go ahead with the other way of sleeping around with you." Jennie said with her eyes still closed, making Jisoo realized hers were glued to the latter. And like a fool, she was caught on act. But the corner of Jennie's lips was slightly tugged up, almost as if she was enjoying the attention from her. "If you wish to take the other one just say so."

Jennie faced her and cat like eyes captivated her like they always do. She swore they glowed like how those from cats do. Some mischief in those brown orbs made Jisoo sigh and smile involuntarily.

"Ahh jinja..."

"But if you want me to let go of you already... just say so." Jennie giggled a bit yet Jisoo felt her slightly holding her hand tighter. Ironic of her to say those words when here she is, holding onto Jisoo more. "I don't want to hold onto someone who wants nothing but me out of her sight."

"Do you know that you talk as if you're one of those characters in a TV drama?" She smiled but, of course, Jennie couldn't see it. Not when she closed her eyes again as if this position made her all sleepy. "You're like cheesy and poetic at the same time."

"My life is a drama." Jisoo can't help but to chuckle with how Jennie simply replied. Because it's true, that it is a drama and then that realization somehow toned down the fun. She has to start getting used to these small talks the latter only does when on the brink of falling asleep. And she would take it at any day if compared to those dirty talks because this was an honest talk. "Everyone's life is. Just that... I think mine's full of them."

Jennie let their gazes meet again, blinking slowly as if forcing herself to stay awake. For the brief second, Jisoo wanted to ask so many things to her. Too many things that makes all the reason why she can't seem to say she hates her just like how she easily did before. That makes her accept all the flaws and understand where Jennie's coming from even when she has been rude and mean to her from time to time. That makes her like the girl way too deep and way too far that she can't just go and treat her like she doesn't like her or care about her. Because Jisoo might have just saved a spot on her heart and mind for Jennie without even being aware of doing it at all.