dil janna chahega

Awkward smiles are exchanged when Armaan spots us inside Kawfee and Koolphi. The Cafe has been closed for service today, since they were kind enough to let us shoot the second session of Dil Janna Chahega.

"Armaan ka aana zaruri thha?" Karan stood beside me, his hands folded. Arnav was adjusting the camera and lighting to get it ready for the shoot, while Ritwik, Vansh and Ishita proceeded towards the plush teal couches to get seated. 

I shrugged, "Haan, kaafi questions aye uske liye. And you should be thankful to him. He volunteered to do the asking." I walked towards Armaan, he looked nervous. "Dude, everything okay?"

"Yep," Armaan cracked his knuckles. "It's just, you know... Never thought that I'd be interviewing the guys who once bullied me." 

I chuckled, turning my head to look at the boys, "You can still back out, you know, if you want."

"And let go of the opportunity of getting those idiots tongue-tied? No way! It's just my first time on camera. But I want to do it. Always wanted to have a talk show, you know?"

"Now I do," I nodded. Arnav signalled us to get seated. Unlike last time, we have designated seats. Two sets of couches, one heightened behind another. On the lower one, Ishita, Ritwik and I take our seats while Vansh, Karan and Ritwik sit on the one behind. The camera and lighting manager hands Armaan the tab which contains screen shots of all the questions sent for us.

"I'm getting serious Koffee with Karan vibes here," Ritwik jokes when Karan grabs his mug of coffee. Another person hands us all a microphone to clip onto our outfits as we laugh at the lame joke. It's just our nerves talking. 

The lights dim, and we hear the Director. "Roll Sound-" 

And we feel it when our background theme starts playing. Even though it's dark, I can see Ritwik look back at the boys, biting the inside of his cheeks in excitement. Ishita's lips are rolled in, and she is squeezing the life out of my hands. I take in a deep breath, unable to stop the smile. 

"Roll Camera-"

The lights increase in intensity, and Armaan seems a completely different person now. Confident, and has a control over his skin. 

"...and ACTION!"

"Woohoo!" It's a collective sound from our side, we're unable to comprehend this right now.

"Namoshtaii Dil Jaanta Hai family. I hope you missed us-"

"-because we miss you guys mahn!" Ishita squeals, looking at the camera. "I missed not being with you guys every Friday. Even though I've been hated on, I still love everyone."

"Because you're invested into everything but your brain," Karan retorts, bumping fists with Arnav.

"Ooh, burn! Can you guys feel the excitement? Their emotions are all over the place today." Armaan says to the camera, "I can feel it."