Chapter Thirteen

I smiled when I saw Sarina's grinning reflection in the mirror. I saw a tear fall from her eye and I turned around, facing her. I smiled and pulled her into a tight hug.

"I never expected to see you in your wedding dress on your wedding day." she sniffed.

I smiled and pulled away. She's right. Even I had never imagined to see myself in such a beautiful wedding dress. I didn't believe in being happy anymore, but when I spent my day with Xavier yesterday, I realized that maybe I can be happy for once in my life.

I ran a hand on the soft material my dress is made of. It gave me some sort of feeling. A happy feeling. Having Xavier for the rest of my life almost seems to be unbelievable, even though he asked me out earlier, which I denied. I feel bad for rejecting his request on a date now. But what could I have done then? It was a hard period of my life and I don't think I would be able to trust Xavier so easily.

But now I feel like I can trust Xavier with my life. Its funny how someone whom you don't know much of, means a lot to you in just a few days without even knowing it. Life can be weird sometimes.

The music started and it was time for me to walk to the altar. The bridesmaids ran to their position as well as Sarina. I stood next to my father and took hold of his upper arm.

"Don't think that you will get what you want after my marriage, because I will not give you anything." I whispered to my father as we walked down the aisle. I looked at Sarina and she waved happily at me. I smiled brightly and looked at Mr. Rodriguez. He had tears in his eyes from happiness. My own eyes filled up with tears and I grinned at him, making him wink in return.

At last I took a look at Xavier. He smiled softly at me and I smiled back. He looked drop dead gorgeous in his tux. His hair was messy like most of the times and his green eyes contained so much happiness. There was a glint in his eyes that almost looked like love, but I shook my head slowly to get that out of my head.

I smiled at a little girl at grinned at me. She looked so adorable. I looked in front of me again and stopped at the altar. It was weird that I actually am happy to marry Xavier. It could be that it's because I'm starting to like him, or it could be that I'm happy to finally leave my parents house.

---

"Do you, Xavier Rodriguez, take Hadley Novak, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death does you apart?" the priest asked.

Xavier smiled widely and nodded. "I do."

The priest turned to me. "Do you, Hadley Novak, take Xavier Rodriguez, as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish and to obey, till does you apart?"

Now I smiled at Xavier softly and nodded. "I do." I breathed.

We exchanged the rings and smiled. "I now declare you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." the priest said and Xavier wasted no time in smashing his lips on mine.

For a moment I was shocked but I found myself kissing back. The whole crowd went wild, but I couldn't focus on that. The only thought going through my mind was that Xavier is kissing me. My husband is kissing me.

Saying that Xavier is my husband sounded a little bit weird. I have to get used to calling him my husband, I suppose. Xavier pulled away and smiled warmly at me. I returned the smile and looked over at the crowd.

I felt someone tugging onto my wedding dress and I looked down to find a little boy standing there with a sparkle in his eyes. I bent down and ruffled his hair a bit.

"What's your name there, little guy?" I asked and he grinned widely.

"My name is Ryan and you are very pretty." he said and I giggled.

"You look quite dashing too." I pointed to his cute little tux. He grinned and smirked coolly at me, making me giggle again.

"Hey dude!" Xavier also bent down and ruffled his hair. Ryan his eyes sparkled even more.

"Xavier!" he squealed and hugged Xavier tightly. Xavier laughed and wrapped his arms around Ryan's little body. "Xavier, you married a princess!" he giggled. Xavier glanced at me and smiled.

"I did." he said and I blushed.

Suddenly a woman came and grabbed Ryan roughly by his cute little hand. "You little devil! I have been looking everywhere for you and you're here making people's life miserable!" she yelled at him.

I shot up when Ryan started to cry. "What are you doing!?" I pulled Ryan to my side and rubbed his back gently.

The woman rolled her eyes and huffed. "He's useless." she said bitterly.

"Don't you dare talk about Ryan like that ever again!" Xavier growled.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed Ryan's hand roughly again and walked away dragging poor little Ryan along. I took a deep breath, so I don't go and kick that bitch's ass. How can she handle a little boy like that!? Xavier placed his hand on my shoulder. I turned to him. He rubbed my upper arm and I nodded in response.

"Twin! A pic!" Sarina ran to me. I smiled and nodded.

She made the picture and grinned at it. "I have a surprise for you." she said, making me more curious. "There is someone here for you." she said and gestured to the crowd.

Suddenly I saw a familiar person walking towards me from the crowd. It was not just an ordinary person. It was...

"Neil!!!" I squealed and jumped on my favorite cousin.

He chuckled and hugged me back tightly. "So my Hadley got married now." he teased and I nodded furiously.

"Come on. You have to meet him! You're gonna like him a lot!" I dragged him towards Xavier. Xavier watched me curiously as I dragged Neil towards him.

Before I could say anything, Neil and Xavier bro hugged. I looked confused at both of them. "You guys know each other?" I pointed, still looking confused.

"Yep."

"Yeah. We kind of went to college together." Xavier grinned.

My jaw hung open. I can't believe it. Xavier and Neil already know each other. "Close your mouth Nov, otherwise I will shove that cake into your mouth." Neil said pushing my jaw back up.

I narrowed my eyes at him. This guy is impossible. I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest. "Don't talk to me." I looked anywhere except at Neil.

I heard him chuckle, but I remained stubborn. I'm not talking to him. "I love you, dear little sister." he dragged the sentence and wrapped his arms around me. I groaned because I can't stay mad at him.

I smiled. I smiled at everyone's happiness in front of me. I smiled at Mr. Rodriguez's happy tears. I smiled at Xavier's friendship. I smiled at Sarina's sisterhood. I smiled at Neil's love. But most importantly, I smiled at the new life I just got. In my past I had a lot of problems and shed a lot of tears. But who knows, maybe the broken girl even may be happy with her new life.

---

Aloha!
You guys are awesome! So many views with so many votes! Thank you so much guys! I can't describe how happy I am.

And I think I have a good news.
Maybe, MAYBE I'm going to update in the weekends. I CAN NOT PROMISE ANYTHING!

Hope you guys like the chapter, because I love it. P.S Hadley's wedding ring on the side... Or above. ->

A random question: What do you guys think about Ryan? You guys like him?

I'm gonna go now.. See you guys in the next update, until then

-vote

-comment

-follow