•31•

Spot any errors, grammer, spelling or punctuation, please let me know...

ALEISTER

"Ryder" I gasped out.

"Ryder look at me" I whispered out, tears welling up in my eyes as my dainty fingers travelled down to his jawline.

"Sit up, please" my eyes shut, entrapping the salty liquid as it tried to overflow.

"Please" I gently turned his jaw, his eyes now in contact with mine.

Silently, he slowly began to get up. With his body upright and his back against the headboard, I rushed to the bathroom, retrieving the first aid kit.

I noticed his gaze was fixed on me as I began to carefully nurse his injuries. He would flinch slightly as I dabbed the wet cotton on his open wounds.

As I took care of the scratch marks on one arm, I noticed more on his other arm. I gulped nervously at how identical they were. I didn't want to believe they were intentional.

"What happened to you?" I sniffled as I began covering up the scratches.

He was silent and I didn't repeat my question until after I was done and the kit was properly kept back in the medicine cabinet.

"What happened, Ryder?" I asked again, approaching his bed but before I got to him, he already started laying back down.

As he did, I noticed a glint of sadness in his eyes. His eyes glistened with tears. I sighed, now trailing over to my bed.

As I clutched onto the soft linen, I kept my eyes on the toned back and messy head of hair as his body slowly rose and fell with gentle breaths.

.........

The blaring of the alarm clock was pure torture to my ears as I leapt off the soft mattress, frightened.

As I regained my composure, I found an empty and made bed in front of me. Ryder was gone, I immediately panicked but calmed down as soon as I heard the showers.

After getting my clothes ready on my bed, Ryder walked out of the bathroom leisurely. His body still dripping, his fairly wet hair sticking to his face and slightly covering his eyes.

"Mornin'" he muttered and I babbled an incoherent response before hurriedly ambling into the bathroom.

......

After applying the last bit of makeup on my face, I headed downstairs, joining Ryder who had left a couple of minutes ago for breakfast.

As we ate, I noticed his eyes were glued to his untouched food. They were slightly droopy and lacked the radiant hazel. His eyes looked dead, in fact, his entire body looked dead.

"Ryder, are you alright?" My mom asked, her tone and gaze on him concerning as she slowly inched closer.

"I'm fine" he stated blankly a whisper.

"You feeling okay to go to school?" She asked again, her voice filling more with worry.

"Yes" he monotoned and she nodded, biting down on her lip and muttering a weak okay.

We were done with breakfast and as soon as I was about to leave the table, my mom tugged on my arm. I turned to her.

"Please look after him" I nodded and she let me go.

I left the house quickly, heading towards the driveway but as I got there, I found nothing. My bike was gone.

After several minutes, I groaned, facepalming as I remembered. I forgot it back at the cemetery.