85 ~ homework can wait

(Lisa pov / Mature content)

Chaeyoung was laying on the floor in the living room, sketching a bit in her notebook as Lisa laid on the couch beside her, searching for any information regarding Sunflowers and Lillies.

They didn't have a website since they were a smaller, family owned restaurant, not a chain. And of course, no one had any information on the owners.

Lisa was biting her lip in thought when she came across a phone number supposably for the restaurant.

Should she call? See if Owen and Lily we're still there? What would she do if they were?

There was only a month and a little over a week left of school so maybe a summer trip to Australia? Would her mom allow it?

Lisa decided she might as well try.

"Babe, I'm going to go upstairs for a sec. I'll be right back."

"Okay." Chaeyoung replied, still content on drawing her flower.

"That's really pretty." Lisa said, standing up and kissing her forehead.

"Thanks."

"Of course baby."

Lisa then made her way upstairs. She'll make sure to bring Chaeyoung's homework down or something so Rosie wouldn't question what she was doing.

Lisa checked the time. It was twelve forty in the afternoon, meaning it was one forty in Australia.

Chaeyoung said they only served breakfast and lunch so hopefully they didn't close super early. Lisa pressed the call button and put a ear to the phone.

A bit nervous.

It rang several times, Lisa starting to worry that no one would answer or that it wasn't the right number. Until she heard the line abrupt.

"Hello, thanks for calling Sunflowers and Lillies. How may I help you?" A woman asked.

"Oh hi, my names Lisa, I was actually wondering if Owen and Lily we're still around?" She mentality slapped herself. Her English not sounding super fluent.

"Owen and Lily? Um I'm not really sure who you're referring to?"

"Oh sorry, I heard they were the owners?" Lisa spoke quietly. Was Chaeyoung mistaken? Or was Lisa?

"Owners? No our owner is a gentleman named Jaxon." She replied softly.

"I must be mistaken then. Sorry to bother you."

"Actually hang on for a second." The woman said quickly. "Hey Phoebe? Did you know the previous owners?"

Lisa listened as the woman talked to whom must be a coworker. The lady holding the phone lower so it was harder for Lisa to hear until she raised it back up.