7.2 - Issues - Pints

Niall's POV

I wait anxiously at the pub, checking the door every two seconds waiting for Clo to get here. Then she finally gets here, she quickly scans the tables from the door where she's standing. After spotting us, she opens her eyes wide and gasps. She walks over to our table where I'm already standing by, waiting to greet her properly.

'Oh my god!' She gushes as I hug her.

'Really? Shawn and Julia, you're fine but Lewis Capaldi you freak out?'

'I just didn't expect him to be here! I thought it would be Conor or maybe one of your cousins.'

'Yeah, it was a last-minute thing. He called me and he was free so I invited him.'

'Awesome! Oh by the way! Niall, meet Izz, Cat and Lil!' 

She introduces the girls to me and  I do the same with Conor and Lewis even though she already knows who they are. We sit around the table and I go get us some drinks.

'So Niall, You know how my friends and I met, but how did you and Conor and Lewis meet?' Clo asks me.

'You really don't know that?' Lil asks her amusingly.

'Yeah, I thought you'd know something like that. I mean it's two of his best friends!' Cat teases.

'Just let the man speak!' She complains.

I laugh and then answers, 'So I was preparing to go on tour for Flicker. And I needed some opening acts. I wanted to make it as Irish as possible, that's why most of my bandmates are from Ireland and Conor's band Wild Youth and another band called Picture This. I thought they're amazing, I invited them and we've become really good friends. And for Lewis it's kinda similar, I DMed him, asked him to support me on the tour, he came, we hung out. And now we're best friends.'

'Oh, so you'd say you're better friends with Lewis than Conor?' Lil asks.

'Oh my god! Lil! You can't just ask that!' She whisper-yell at her and then turn to me, 'You don't have to answer that, she's just joking.'

We all laugh but not in a mean way, probably nervous laughter on her part, but I just think her friends are funny and she's adorable when she's nervous. So I lean in a little and tell her in a low reassuring tone, 'Relax, why are you so stressed? It's fine. Your friends are funny.'

She nods as she shifts in her seat trying to find a comfortable position. When she settles, I lean in to steal a quick kiss, hoping it'll get her to relax, but instead she turns away and I end up kissing her cheek. Alright, I'll take that. But I'll be hearing mocking from Conor later.

An hour or two into the night, it's going as well as you'd think, Lewis, telling some stories, everyone laughing so hard we're crying, jokes and sarcasm all around. You know, a usual night. And she and her friends just fit right in. But around 11:30 PM, her friends want to leave.

'It's still early!' Clo and I complain.

'Well this one doesn't know how to stay up after 1 AM' Lil says about Izz.

'Besides we all have an early morning tomorrow. So better go. But Clo, you stay. You're not bound to us.'

'Yeah, stay. And you can spend the night at my place. Please!' I ask her.

'Are you sure?' She asks her friends.

They nod, hug her in turns and just leaves.