43 | Four Reasons

This chapter is a look into Bianca and Chioma's life.  A small snapshot of what's happening behind the scenes. 

Chapter 43: Four Reasons 

~Third person POV~

Bianca Rodriguez, Chioma Dozie and Jamie Griffith had the holy trinity of looks, intelligence and sass. Stacey was in awe of them. She couldn't believe they had asked her to come over; the ultimate popular girls.

"I have everything you want to know about Millie," Stacey promised, "But why do you want it?"

She never thought Millie Ripley would be her ticket in. Aside from what happened this summer, Stacey knew nothing about Millie – but everyone else knew even less. Millie was a nobody, and Stacey planned to use that to her advantage.

"It's none of your business," Bianca answered, "You're here to deliver what we want to hear. And if we find your news satisfactory, we'll reward you with whatever you want in return."

This was a non-negotiable deal. Bianca was known for making girls cry in the bathroom. No one was about to question her.

Stacey hid her nervousness and tried to play Bianca's game, "In return for telling you what I know, I want to be invited to every party you go to this year. And I mean every party."

Oma answered that, "There's one tonight so, if you want to go, you need to hurry up with your evil confession. I'm not going to miss it."

Stacey had no idea why these girls wanted to destroy Millie. Millie was clumsy, boring and weird. These girls have it all, so what could Millie have that they want?

What could she have?

The girls waited for Stacey to start dishing.

So Stacey began, "Luke and Millie were co-counselors in Apple Cabin. They lived together this summer. He was seeing another girl, Tamara Woodhouse, but he broke up with her over something to do with Millie."

"No way," Jamie gasped, reveling in the drama, "I should've gone to summer camp."

"Who's Tamara Woodhouse?" Bianca asked Oma, "Is she prettier than me?"

Oma shrugged, having never heard the name in her life.

"Tamara had a plan to get revenge on Millie before the end of summer. Since Millie had interfered in her relationship, she wanted to get even. Everything was in place to execute on it, but then she changed heart."

"Why?"

"Something to do with Luke and a random accident on the lake. Some kids almost drowned, it was a crazy night, anyway," Stacey continued her story, "I have the picture that Tamara was going to use to end Luke's interest in Millie. It's saved on my phone. If you agree to my deal, then the picture is all yours."

"How bad is it?"

"It's bad. Post it online, spread it through the school and no one will look at Millie in the same way again. You could even get her expelled for underage prostitution."

"What?!"

"Ok, that might be a bit much," Stacey retracted her prior statement, "But definitely in trouble for being an underage stripper."

Bianca whispered something in Oma's ear. Oma considered it and said, "Before we agree to anything, we want to see the picture."

Stacey pulled her phone out and got the picture ready. She'd saved it on her computer before Millie deleted it the night of the lake accident.