58. Heard

-Oliver-

-Oliver-

Was it possible for the brain to explode from too much information?

"He... he's my uncle?" I whispered.

Natalie stood up and gave me a hug, but her hold of me felt weak. She was out of breath and her hands were shaking. I had never seen her afraid before. I, on the other hand, felt completely numb.

"I didn't know how to tell this to you when I found out you're Attwood," she said.

"And he... killed my father?" I muttered. "His own brother?"

"That's fucked up," Jaden muttered angrily.

"Yeah... Anthony was Kevin's older brother," Natalie spoke, pulling back to look at me. "I'm so sorry..."

"I'm..." I didn't know how to continue. This was too much... I couldn't handle it. I felt like the string that had been holding me together finally snapped upon hearing this.

She let go of me and turned her attention to Arch, who didn't look any better. "Henry is his minion. He's somewhere close by, so Anthony must be here as well."

"Minion..." I repeated.

"Guardian Shadow, I suppose, but they're not loyal to their masters. The only thing they care about is power. Henry has possessed someone..." Natalie turned to look at Jaden. "That boy... Jack... He had a powerful shadow in him."

"Hell no," Jaden snorted loudly. "There is no way Jack is Arch's mate. That's just ridiculous!"

"Weirder things have happened," Natalie said.

"No," Tilly said sternly. "You don't get it – Jack hates us. He would never consider Arch as his mate. To him, we're lower than maggots."

"I must admit, I would be extremely surprised if it was Jack," Aurora spoke quietly.

"Okay, okay, I believe you. Anthony has several strong shadows by his side," Natalie said with a sigh.

I stared at Arch, his pale, sweaty face. He was lying on the bed, not moving at all. His eyes were rapidly moving behind the lids, but otherwise he looked dead. I shivered when I thought about the screams I just heard... The person... whoever he was, he was in great pain. I could almost hear his howl...

"I can't do this," I whispered. I was suddenly having trouble breathing. "I didn't want this..."

"It's okay, Ollie," Jaden said soothingly, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"No... No, it's not..." I muttered, starting to feel dizzy. "This is not okay!"

Jaden pulled me into a hug. "I got you. Everything will be all right."

I shook my head. "I can't do this..."

"You should take him to get some rest," Aurora spoke next to me. "We'll take care of Arch. You take care of Oliver."