Thirty Three.

Hello! I passed my summer session one classes with straight A's so I'm kind of excited. I'm happy with where my gpa is right now.

This chapter low key felt kind of rushed to me so I'm sorry about that, but I hope you like it..🙂

Excuse any mistakes.

Faith's POV

"How are you?" Teresa asked.

"I've been....pretty good." I said, nodding.

"Just pretty good?"

"....yep." I nodded again with a straight face.

"I'm guessing you don't want to talk about it, today?" She asked.

"That would be correct." She blew out a breath, looking defeated. "Look I'm only here because Dave is riding my ass. I'm not ready to talk about it and I wish everybody would stop pushing me to do so. I said I'm good. When I'm ready to talk about it then I will speak on it, until then let's leave it alone. Please."

She put her hands up. "Okay, but Faith I strongly recommend that you take a day to yourself without the kids and pamper yourself. I don't think you've fully processed everything. Which is okay. I just think you need some time for yourself. We all miss the jolly you, but we all know what you're going through isn't something to easily jump back from. Just- just think about it, okay?"

"Got it." I stood up and grabbed my bag. "My lunch is over in thirty minutes and I need some lunch, so I will see you next week. Thanks as always." With that I walked out of the door before she could say anything back.

It's been a month since the whole situation and I think I'm fine, but everyone around me thinks otherwise. I mean I'm doing everything that I did before so I'm not understanding why everyone is questioning me and can't seem to believe that I'm okay.

Dave has been by me since that night and I'm appreciative beyond words. After I said I needed a plan b, he and I went out and got one then he drove me to the hospital, and there is where the police met with me. I brought the clothes from the night before and presented it to them. I did a rape kit since I hadn't had a shower to keep any evidence. I honestly didn't want to because I doubt they're going to do anything. I'm black and knew my attacker. The first question they asked was "what did you have on" and Dave nor myself was pleased with that question.

Dave and I decided that we'd handle it ourselves. I still have some connections in Houston so an eye is out for him. He hasn't been to work so I know he's laying low. Dave also has some people on the lookout. Thus far neither of our sets of people have seen anything.

As far as Dave and I, I think this has brought us closer in a strange way. He's been staying at my house with me and the kids. He's catered to my every need and he's been supportive. Sometimes it gets overwhelming, but I thank him for being there. I don't take him for granted at all.

For the past week I've been putting together a nice night for the both of us. Without the kids. I decided a nice little hotel would be the move. The kids will be with his parents, of course and then we have the night to ourselves. I have to go and setup the room as soon as I get off.

"Hey Dave." I chuckled when I answered my phone.

"Whatchu laughing for?"

"Nothing. You just always calling me. We just talked an hour ago."

"I'm just checking on you. You good?"

"Yes sir. I am okay." I softly laughed.

"That's what I like to hear. How did your appointment go?" He asked referring to the session I just got out of.