Chamber of secrets

The next morning. Katherine made her way down to the great hall with Ophelia for breakfast. She had been dismissed from the infirmary last night. Ophelia was asking Katherine random questions that made absolutely no sense.

"Do you think that horses get songs stuck in their heads?" She asked

Katherine laughed " I'm not sure."

They were both laughing as they walked into the great hall. Katherine felt a pair of eyes on her, she looked around and realized that they were Tom's. She ignored his gaze. Katherine sat down next to Abraxas.

He smiled and his eyes seemed to light up. " hello and how are you on this fine morning?"

Katherine giggled " hello to you to, I'm just wonderful."

"Look at you two love birds!" Ophelia squealed.

Katherine's and Abraxas' faces turned red. " I I h-have to go!" Abraxas said as he stood up and left the room.

" I'm going to go too" Ophelia said laughing. Katherine nodded.

She opened a book, titled THE DARK ARTS, and started to read. She was interrupted by a certain someone.

"We need to talk" Tom said, sitting down beside her.

"About?" Katherine asked, still concentrating on her book.

"Our conversation yesterday." He replied.

Katherine kept her eyes on her book. " what about it?"

" look at me when I'm talking to you!" Tom whisper yelled at Katherine.

She slammed her book closed and Tom read the cover.

"The dark arts?" He asked, a hint of excitement in his voice.

Katherine flipped the book over. " what about our conversation?" She asked.

Tom shook his head. " keep quiet about it. I don't need you to go babbling about it to people. They might get the wrong idea." He said in a dead serious voice.

" I wasn't going to. And don't worry, people already have the wrong idea about you." Katherine replied.

Tom nodded " that's exactly what I don't need right now"

Why is he talking to me like I'm his diary?

" Then go do something about it. Sitting here and complaining wont accomplish anything" Katherine said with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

Tom smirked " what do you suggest I do?"

Katherine frowned " I don't know, go help some students with their homework. Or you could do what I do."

" and what would that be?" He asked

Katherine smirked " go do something bad and then find the " real " culprit. It's quite amusing, the look on their faces." Katherine chuckled.

Tom smirked again and stood up to leave. " I think I'll do just that." He said and walked away.

******

Night time. Katherine got dressed for bed. She was wearing a green, silk, below the knee, night gown. It was spaghetti strapped and had a gold snake sewed into the corner of the gown.

Katherine was lying on her bed, reading her THE DARK ARTS book. The other girls in the dormitory were talking and braiding each others hair.

A loud scream echoed throughout the dormitory. All the girls gasped and ran out of the room to see what the all commotion was about. Katherine put on her slytherin robe and followed. The common room door was open and there was a large group of students out side. Katherine made her way through the crowd. When she saw what everyone was staring at, anger boiled up inside of her. A petrified girl, lay on the floor.

The basilisk, he opened the chamber of secrets!

Katherine looked around in the crowd and saw Tom, he was smirking.

"Back to your dormitories immediately!" Instructed professor Dumbledore. Students started piling their way back, Katherine waiting awhile until Tom was close. She grabbed him by the arm and pulled him a dark supply closet.

" who are you?" He asked

Katherine lit up her wand and he did the same.

He smirked and took a step closer to Katherine. " and what do you want?" He asked, clearly getting the wrong idea.

She pushed him back " you opened the chamber of secrets, didnt you?!!"

A look of shock flashed across his face.

" how do you know about the chamber of secrets, what do you know about the chamber?"He asked.

More anger flushed Katherine. "I know about the basilisk! But does it flipping matter! You petrified a student! She could have died!!" She yelled.

Tom clamped a hand over her mouth a pushed her against the wall. " keep your mouth shut." He whispered in a voice stating that if she yelled, it would be that last thing she'd do. He pulled his wand out and held it to her neck " how do you know?"

Katherine gulped " I read about it" she lied

Tom shook his head " I don't believe you" he said pressing the wand closer against her neck.

Deny deny deny

" alright. My family has books that are restricted to a lot of people. That's all I'm going to say" she whispered. "But Tom. Stop this madness, don't become a murder." She pleaded.

Tom lowered his wand " I'm just doing what you told me to do. I did something and now I must choose the culprit."

Katherine grabbed Tom's hand with both of her hands. " please, stop." A tear rolling down her face.

He smirked, wiped and caressed her cheek " I've only just started." He whispered and left.