29. Cleaning the Wangfu

Xia Lian Bei absentmindedly stroke his daughter's cheeks while staring at his so-called mistresses.

They were now inside the Consort Jiu's courtyard and he was sitting at the head position.

To his left was Consort Jiu and behind her were the other three concubines.

Xia Lian Bei felt like he left flowers inside his rear courtyard to rot. These flowers were also quite poisonous but their toxicity wouldn't be half as much as that woman living at the palace next door.

His imperial older brother was right. He had to clean his wangfu.

The chill of Prince Feng's stare was diffused by the enchanting curve on his lips.

But his next words were completely unexpected.

"You have a few choices: pack and return to Northern Chu; or stay here at the capital but live in a separate residence; or be married off to other officials arranged by ben wang." He said while counting up to three with his fingers.

Seeing his long pale fingers, Tiandi immediately grabbed them and bit his thumb but Xia Lian Bei paid no mind to the little dumpling.

Nobody answered him so he continued.

"Naturally, this prince will prove your chastity once you exit the wangfu. This part, you don't have to worry. No matter what you choose, you are still eligible to marry as the first wives of lower ranking officials or concubines of high ranking ones. You will also be compensated properly by this prince and will be conferred Second Rank Noble Lady and Third Rank Noble Ladies respectively. This is to ensure that you won't be slighted wherever you go."

"Wa-wang ye! This concubine only wants to stay here in the wangfu. Why is wang ye driving this concubine away?" A seductive looking lady voiced out her grievances.

The way she said it would make any man's blood to pump and boil, and would not be able to resist pampering her.

But Xia Lian Bei only grinned in a cheshire-like way, making his pallid face appear ghastly yet alluring.

"Ah, yes. There is also that choice. Stay here and be turned into lifeless pretty dolls."

Prince Feng couldn't utter something barbaric since his daughter was here so he settled with these words hoping they conveyed his meaning.

The problem with people was when he tell them straight to their face that they would die, they'd always laugh and never believe him. Some even called him names, not knowing that they'll really die tomorrow. He always tried to be magnanimous and give them some warning but they never took him seriously.

In the end, their loved ones would point fingers at him after those people died unknown deaths.

He already told them though? Was it still his fault that they didn't write some last will or something?

Now he spoke in quite poetic words. Would these ladies understand, he wondered.

The seductive concubine was stunned silent. Tears gathered on her almond eyes before falling one by one.

Sigh... a crying beauty was still a beauty.

Xia Lian Bei suddenly recalled that darn girl's crying visage. He unconsciously chuckled because she was quite ugly when she cried.

But the concubines got frightened due to Feng wang's quiet laugh. It felt like the reaper was already clutching their ankles.

Later on, it was settled that the three concubines wanted to go back to Northern Chu. There was no point marrying officials here in the capital of Da Xia. Their roots were in Northern Chu and they would only suffer in the hands of the in-laws here.