Chapter 12

I kept sprinting into the forrest, not risking slowing down. I planned to keep running South, and just stay in between pack borders.

After I had been running for about an hour, I stopped upon hearing twigs snap further ahead of me. The only problem with my plan to stay running on unclaimed land was that it meant dealing with rogues.

I summoned a sword, and continued trekking through the forrest, waiting for whoever was there to show themselves.

A wolf jumped out at me from the trees. It successfully bit my arm, and then clenched its jaws around my forearm, refusing to release its grip. Since the wolf was biting the arm that I was wielding the sword in, I summoned a knife in my other hand and jabbed it in its eye.

The wolf howled loudly in pain, releasing its jaws from my arm. Great, he just let every rogue in a ten mile radius know where we were.

I cut off the wolf's head with the sword I first summoned, disregarding the pain my arm was currently in.

I heard another growl from behind me, and turned around to see yet another rogue wolf. They no doubt had heard the howl from the other rogue, and wanted to see the action.

Without hesitating, I swung the sword at the wolf. The wolf narrowly dodged the sword by backing up quickly, and I was surprised when rather than staying to fight, it turned around with a whimper and began sprinting in the other direction.

Not wanting to let the rogue live in case if it decided to come back, I summoned a bow and arrow. Quickly taking aim before it could escape my line of sight, I released the arrow, hitting it right in the back of the head.

"Nice shot," A voice from behind me said. I whipped around, already knowing the source of the words.

Alpha Cain stood a few yards away from me, smirking as if he already won. I raised the bow again, and loaded another arrow.

"If I didn't know any better, I would say you're trying to hurt me, mate." He said, emphasizing the last word, clearly trying to antagonize me.

I didn't respond, and didn't lower the bow either, taking aim at his neck.

I heard the trees rustling behind him, and shot an arrow into the source of the movement, and reloaded another arrow into the bow as soon as the first one was released.

"Ouch! What the fuck?" Carter stumbled out of the trees, limping while ripping the arrow out of his thigh.

Seeing me holding the bow, he looked shocked and confused. "Luna, you said you could only summon knives!"

Weirdly enough, I almost felt guilty. Not because of the arrow that went into his leg, but because of how betrayed he looked.

"Yes, well, you should know by now not to trust her," Alpha Cain said, glaring at me. "She takes advantage of people who trust her."

I shot an arrow at him, which he caught in midair. He snapped it in half, and flashed his canines at me. "I do wish you would stop trying to kill me, Ares. It was entertaining at first, but now I'm sick of this. Why don't you put down the bow and arrows and we can go get Carter some medical attention?"

I shot another arrow at him. Which again, he caught with a growl. "A simple no would have sufficed."

I continued launching arrows at him, all of which he easily avoided, and he charged at me.

I put down the bow and summoned two knives. I raised both of them in front of me, figuring that my best odds were wielding two knives and slicing him up as much as I could, and then making a break for it.