-4-

mike
"I'm sorry jane but I can't be with you anymore" was all that replayed in my head as I got on my bike riding home in the rain or so I thought but instead I was heading to wills which I wasn't even planning on doing. I don't know why I broke up with her it just happened...fast, first I was talking to max and then she mentioned will and I felt like I had to break up with jane. The fact will had told max that I had ditched him basically made my heart sink I never meant to hurt him or the others. But hurting will especially was a mistake. Dating jane and becoming popular was never what I wanted but I couldn't bring myself to accept the fact deep down the real reason I distanced myself from will was because...because...

"mike? what are you doing here?" the smaller shy boy asked as I stood on his doorstep in front of him. I wasn't thinking straight at ALL as I leaned in and kissed the boy quickly but softly.

will
I was utterly confused as to why mike wheeler my ex best friend and....boy I had been in love with for years first showed up on my doorstep on a cold rainy autumn night and second kissed me. I kissed back even if this could be a dream but if it wasn't then shit. Slowly pulling away I looked at him confused and dazed in shock with no words.

"sorry..." the taller raven boy said shyly. "but will, I can't keep denying it anymore i'm in love with you...I stopped talking to you and became popular and dated jane who I just broke up with because I couldn't accept the fact I love you...max told me what you told her and I'm sorry for hurting you I never meant for that to happen." His chocolate brown eyes were filled with tears as I looked at him with tear-brimmed eyes too.

"y-you love me?" I asked in shock.

He nodded.

"mike..."

"what?"

"I love you too."

mike
Now it was my turn to be shocked looking at him as he leaned on standing on his tippy toes to reach me and kissed me softly as I stood in the rain.

As we both pulled away, he asked, "so you really broke up with jane?"

"y-yeah...."

"holy shit."

I giggled because will rarely sweared, "damn byers do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

"no but I kiss you with that mouth"

I blushed a little blinking from the rain drops and without hesitation kissed the beautiful boy standing in front of me again.

the byler ship has sailed in this i was gonna make it longer until they got together but whatever 🤭