4.

Bored as hell.

 ✿

Yan Gen feels like he was about to die out of boredom, in his past life, aside from going to school, almost all of his time was spent on his computer, surfing the internet and mostly playing RPG games. His computer and cellphone are his oxygen while the internet connection is his soul.

Right now, he has transmigrated into a world with no internet, no gadgets. How is he supposed to live out his life here? It should be fine if he transmitgrated into a Martial world or a magic world, at least he can practice his Martial arts and magic.

An exasperated sigh escaped from his lips. A lady like him is not even allowed to ride a horse, he has to take the carriage, and weapons... fon't even mention it, he can't touch those and he didn't see any weapons in the estate, save their guards who have them and he doubt that they will let him burrow one of it and using the kitchen knife as a weapon is definitely not cool.

Since he had forgotten his memories, he has to take those painstaking lessons about etiquette, music and arts all over again but he wasn't foolish enough like Li Mei to avoid those lessons, he bet that using his head injury as an excuse wouldn't last that long, these lessons will come in handy if he's going to live in this world for a long period of time, he just hope that living here wouldn't be that long. Who wants to live in this boring world anyway?

Besides, it's not like he has something to do, although he detests these things, it's better to do something to ease his boredom than do nothing. Surprisingly, the lessons are quite easy to him, it seems that this body is quite familiar with the Qin and the brush.

It didn't take long before he mastered the Qin, the calligraphy, and the painting like Zhilan do. It's her body after all. The poetry however... he has a long way in that category. Of course Zhilan and him doesn't share the same mind so how could he composed a poetry that is as good as hers.

He wished that he can remember at least one of those impressive poems in his previous life but he couldn't remember anything, not even one. Only those childish poems in primary school that doesn't leave an impression. He wondered how could his senpais remember a lot of good poems, easily plagiarizing it to show off. They must be really good at studying unlike him who didn't flip a page of his textbooks at home. If only he diligently memorized those poems that his teacher told him to memorize.

Originally, Yan Gen wants to go out but decided against it. He doesn't know the flow of the whole story yet, what if he gets into trouble and got entangled with one of the main characters? He only wants to live peacefully, if he can't marry a girl in this lifetime then he will never marry! He can become a monk, or rather a nun, the Wei clan can't stop him from doing this, it's not like he's going to ask for their permission in the first place. He will suddenly show up in front of them with a bald head and say that he wants to live the rest of his life in peace and will cut all worldly matters.

Being a monk is better than marrying a man and worse, the old emperor! He wants to avoid this beauty's original fate as much as possible, so he endured for the whole two months and stayed in the Wei estate, not stepping outside. Even when Zhilan's supposed friends invited him in many of their gatherings. He's afraid of meeting those three main characters that will cause his demise.

Perhaps he will only go out if he knows where those main characters are going or are too busy to noticed him. He regret not reading all those spoilers in the forum, all he knows is the spring festival, shopping at the market in the fifth day of the fourth month, composing poetry in the famous pagoda with Zhilan and her friends, the queen dowager's birthday banquet, it seems like he knows a lot but it wasn't that detailed like in the story. It's just spoilers after all, they were straight to the point.

In all those occasions, Zhilan always targeted Li Mei and our male leads will counterattack for her when they knew of it, like ordering someone to cause an incident that will obviously embarrassed the antagonist. The male leads are that petty, for Yan Gen, getting between a women's fight is very uncool. Of course, this is only his opinion. He doesn't know the feeling of rage when the one you love is being bullied all the time.

Apparently, the heaven is against his wish of living his life peacefully. They said that if you avoid troubles then the trouble itself will come at you.

One afternoon, Yan Gen decided to go to the huge garden at the back of the estate. It was quite hot due to the summer heat, his courtyard ran out of ice after using it for 48 hours straight and the ice remaining is for the master and the madame. He can't shamelessly ask it from them, they are his elders after all and his manly heart can't bear to let his pretty maids fan him for the whole day, they were already tired after fanning him for three hours.

On the way to the garden, he randomly grabbed a silk covered book. He isn't a fan of classic books, okay? It just that he has no choice but to study it, he was pressured to study. Hearing the people around him, especially his family members saying that Zhilan used to know this and that, Zhilan used to do this and that. Yan Gen doesn't want them to notice that he's not Zhilan, aside from that, he doesn't want to make a fool out of himself.

Appearing cool is an absolute thing for him. He doesn't want to disappoint his senpais. Being a loser is a no, no, no. How could he shame his fellow transmigrators ah? Yan Gen's not bragging but even when he doesn't study and sometimes skipped classes, he can still pass his exams. Just like his college entrance exams, though he barely passed it, it is still a pass. What more if he studied? He will surely top all of his exams. So he's considered smart, right? Right.

Arriving in the huge garden, he doesn't go in further, just in case his beloved maids started looking for him. He chose to sit on the grass under the shade of a huge tree, leaning his back on the trunk to rest for a few minutes, inhaling the fresh air as he closed his eyes.

He doze off for half an hour before deciding to open his eyes and started reading the book. However, as soon as he started reading the book, he heard someone coming at his way. His maids worried about him too much, a small smile formed on his lips at the thought of this, still he continued to look at the book in his hands as he asked.

"I was only gone for a while and you started looking for me already?"

Hearing no-reply from his maid, he raised his head and his eyes met a very dark gaze. Yan Gen almost jumped out of his seat in fright. What the f*ck?

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer