chapter nine

C H A P T E R   N I N E
•   •   •

His mouth worked against mine, hard and expert. Our lips moulded together, moving against one another's intensely, as his hand trailed down my side, the other on the door beside my head.

I sucked in a harsh breath as his lips ventured down to my neck, finding the sweet spot like he'd known where it was all along.

His teeth grazed the spot. "Why'd you send that bumbling buffoon to the Manor?" he said, breath hot on my neck. I bit my lip, hard.

"Conner?" I questioned, struggling to take ahold of my thoughts as his hand went lower and lower until it rested on my leg and he was drawing his fingers upwards on my skin. They reached the end of my dress and pushed the fabric upwards.

"I don't care about his name."

Maybe if his hands weren't working wonders on me, I'd say something. Call him out for how pretentious and ignorant he sounded, but my morals were a little blurry around the edges, especially when his fingers reached my hip and he settled his hand there.

"He—" I struggled to make a coherent sentence as he pushed himself against me and I felt just exactly what he had to offer. And by god, did he have a lot. "He's just as qualified." I managed to force out.

His words were taunting. "But he's not you. He didn't design all of this." He nodded around us. "Wouldn't have known my particular..." He pushed his hips further into mine, tutoring his head downwards to watch me. "... tastes."

We were in a bathroom, one I remembered exactly how I'd gone about decorating it all. The marble counters looked exactly as they had when they'd first been put in, as did the freshly polished floors. I wondered if he ever lived here at all.

"I—" I couldn't speak when his fingers flitted to my most sensitive area. They paused on my clothed slit and moved, ever so slightly— almost too much and not enough all at the same time. "I didn't think it was a good idea," I tried to say, tipping my head back— against my better judgement— to give him better access. "For me and you to be together again."

"And why not?" He asked, even as his finger dipped into my underwear.

I gave him a look.

"Because," I breathed a little too heavily, after he didn't seem to take that as an answer. "I don't trust myself around you."

I felt him smirk against my skin. I wanted to pull away, wipe it off personally, but his hands and mouth were too good and my brain was too frazzled to make my body move, other than running my fingers through his dark hair.

"So you were scared this would happen before?"

By this I guessed he meant our current situation: me pinned against a wall, panties soaking with need for him.

I nodded.

"Don't prolong the inevitable, sweetheart," he whispered.

I drew my fingers up his arms, the suit he had on being an annoying layer between our skins. I found myself pushing it slightly. He got the hint quickly, and shrugged it off.

Now, the shirt beneath was able to eventuate his slightly muscular arms. I found my eyes drawn to them and couldn't stop myself a so reached to touch them.