Prologue

The moon illuminated the dark blanket horizon as it cast to the dim forest where I was hiding. I silently pulled the trigger of the Smith M&P22 Compact with a .22LR suppressor as I hide behind the shadows of the humongous tree. I roamed my sight and saw five silhouettes moving in my side.

I let out a sigh and crawl my way in their direction. My eyes automatically squinted when I witness them arranging their guns. Are they idiots? I am a hundred sure that they are here to eliminate the king, which I am bound to protect.

I pursed my lips and went to the only guy behind all of them. I quickly covered his mouth with a thin cloth and wrapped my arms around his neck. And when he was no longer breathing, I silently let go of him. My eyes awed when someone turned and saw me, which made me pulled the gun out of their comrade’s pocket.

I quickly shot the guy who saw and made him as my shield to deflect those two who pulled the triggers. Maybe it was their consciousness, which made them not to shot in my direction. And because I have a duty to fulfill, I immediately shot the two on their temples. And pierce a bullet to the remaining one.

A languid sigh escapes my mouth as I dialed a familiar number, “Please clean this mess. Ten steps away from his window and inside the Madow,”

I immediately left the scene. I sneaked to the Celestial Kingdom, and went to my room using the window. I wryly smiled when I heard several deadly knocks as if that person wanted to devour me alive.

But before I could actually open it, the noise ceases.

My eyes drifted to my watch. I almost curse myself because my evening will be starting soon. I swiftly put my uniform on.

As a member academy’s supreme student council, I shouldn’t stain my name. Phantom Academy is a prestigious school made for students who came from wealthy families, and some families thought that this is the safest. The four kingdoms are protecting it; the Garnet Family of the West, the Zircon Family of the East, the Flint Family of the South, and the Moldavite Family of the North.

And, of course, their heirs are studying here.

At katulad ng mga nakalaban ko kanina may iba pa rin na nakakalusot sa eskwelahan na ito dahilan upang mag-aral ako sa lugar na ito upang bantayan ang taga-pagmana. Nakabusangot kong minata ang sarili kong repleksyon sa malaking salamin na nakadikit sa pader ng aking kuwarto.

I am wearing Phantom Academy’s renowned uniform. A red-checkered skirt above the knee in length along with two-inch pencil heels and long socks below the knees. And I was wearing a long-sleeved blouse inside a midnight blazer and a red-checkered tie. And at the side of my collar was my symbol, Aquarius.

Isang ngiwi na lamang ang kumawala sa aking mga labi nang makalabas ako sa ‘king kuwarto. Wala ang mga kasama ko sa dormitory at tila isa akong hangin na iniwan nilang lahat. Mag-isa akong tumungo papunta sa aking klase, na sa tingin ko ay ayos lamang din lalo na’t wala naman akong kaklase kahit isa sa kanila.

Some people left in the hallway were looking at me with admiration, especially that I claimed the fourth seat in the Zodiac. It is the name of the supreme student council made by the founder of this school, Mr. Shawn Montano, who picked twelve outstanding students who are way above the others. We, the Zodiacs, has absolute power in this school. But obtaining absolute power means having a sense of profound responsibility.

And that is the downside for me, I don’t like the spotlight, and I don’t like organizing events. But with this position, I can have my freedom. Aside from that, we have the power to impeach the founder, especially if you don’t like his ruling.