11.

E R I C A

The next thing I knew was flying to Philippines, for five days, in order to work on this new project, led by Mr. David Waverton.

It's been a week since nonna came, and my boss has been pretty good with me. I'll say he remained more humane.
I used to have my three times meal at his place, and Stephan or Henry always dropped me back home.
It was quite relaxing and I was already beginning to enjoy his company.

On his private jet, he was sitting across me busy in his laptop, while I was preparing a schedule for this business trip..

"Erica also add a dinner tonight. David has invited some of my college friends from California and we are going out tonight.", I nodded and adjusted his schedule.

However, the fact that he has friends still didn't pass through my oesophagus.

We were on the way to the hotel, which Ashton's happened to own. And in which I had a suite for myself, gifted by Sir James on my eighteenth birthday.
A smile adorned my face, recollecting the memories and just then my phone rang.

My smile widened as I saw it was from James.
"Sir James!", I chimed.
"How you doing girl!?", He asked cheerfully.
"Very good. Just on the way to Ashton's in Phillipines."
"The brat must be with you....!", I chuckled at his choice of words.
"Yes you want to talk."
"If it's possible!?"
I kept the call on hold and turned to my boss, who was already eyeing me.
"Uh..Sir..James wants to talk...!"
"I know...I heard. Tell him I am busy.", He said in a monotonous tone.
"But sir....!"
"I think I am your boss. Or its the converse!?", What is wrong with him.
I released the hold, "James he is busy... He'll call you once free."
"He won't call Erica.", James sounded low.
"No...James...I swear he will."
"Erica...He never calls, unless it's hell related to business. Heck he even hates calling me dad!"
"James...!", Before I could say anything the call ended.

James has been filthy rich and a very affectionate and grounded man. However, like everyone the one thing he lacked in life was affection from his son. I have always hated these times, when James felt low because of his son.

I look over him to find him playing Crossword on his phone.
I mean seriously! You have parents and you treat them like they don't exist. How painful it must be for them!

"Sir I think you should talk to James. He is your father and he became very sad when you refused to pick up his call. He loves....!", He looked at me with cold eyes.

"...And who are you to tell me that!? Just because they give you gifts and are allowing you to be a gold digger to their assets, you get the right to question me.", He pointed towards himself, "Ms. Erica Miller! They must have not come across opportunist girls like you, but believe me I had a plenty encounters. My relationship with my parents is not the subject of your concern. So shut up!"

He turned back to his phone and began typing away.

I was in no mood to give up before him or cry for he called me a gold digger and a opportunist.
"Mr. Eric Ashton! You know what...I don't expect anything better than you. You are a frustrated person, who thinks he's the highest. When you can't even respect your parents, how can I expect some for me. Good work! Keep it up!"

He looked at me with so much anger that if eyes could kill, I would have been dead by now.
"Okay! I am the worst. Why don't you go and quit!? What's stopping you here!? You think you can manipulate and extract money from me too!? Go, quit and never come back!", He yelled at me.

"You want me to quit. But I will not! Because I was appointed by Sir James and I will work for him, for his company!", I yelled back.

"Oh so it's a challenge. Then bring it on!", He said with gritted teeth.