22

After awhile, Two-Bit and I rejoined everyone in the living room. We were watching The Sound of Music, my choice. The guys hated it but sat and suffered for my sake.

"I'll be right back, I have to pee." I said, getting up off the floor and walking to the bathroom. I didn't realize I was being followed until I went to shut the door and a hand stopped me.

I turned around and saw Soda standing in the doorway.

"Okay, cmon now, this is not happening. You're not watching me pee." I told him.

"You're right, I'm not watching you pee." He said, walking into the bathroom and stepping into the shower, shutting the curtain as a boundary.

"You're kidding."

"I am actually not kidding." He replied as I groaned. "Don't worry, I can sing a song to keep your mind off of my being here. Ooh! How about one from The Sound of Music so it's like you're not even missing the movie right now?"

"Oh my god, okay, you-you just do whatever your little heart desires and for the love of all that is holy, stay behind the damn curtain." I gave in, doing my business as fast as possible while Soda sang an awful rendition of Edelweiss.

While I was washing my hands, he stopped singing and whispered, "Can I come out now?"

I had to laugh. As irritating as this was going to be, Soda just always made things better. "Yes, you can come out now."

We went back out into the living room and saw the guys stifling laughs.

"Okay, stop, we are not talking about it." I huffed as I sat back down on the floor.

"I'm tired of this movie, plus Soda's version of that song made me nauseous. Let's go play some football." Steve said, getting up and turning off the movie.

We all agreed and went to the lot. I had Darry, Two-Bit, and Dally on my team so basically, we were unstoppable. Pony, Soda, Steve, and Johnny never stood a chance.

We played for awhile before inevitably getting hungry and going back to the house for lunch. We all ate sandwiches and chocolate cake before the phone rang and Darry answered. Meanwhile, Dally got up.

"I gotta go cause some trouble, I can't keep sitting around here and behaving with you goody-two-shoes." He announced before leaving.

"Hey, who you calling a goody-two-shoes, Dallas?" Two-Bit called, following after him. I shook my head and smiled, hoping they didn't get arrested today.

"Soda, wanna go find something to do? There's gotta be a drag race or something happening today." Steve asked.

"Yeah, Alright. See y'all later." Soda said, the two leaving just as Darry hung up the phone.

"I just got a call from my boss. Long story short, I have to go in for a couple hours. I should be home before dinner, if I'm not, y'all can order a pizza or something. There's money on my dresser." Darry explained, beginning to get ready to leave.

"I think I'm going to head out, too. I'll see y'all around." Johnny said before leaving, all of us yelling for him to be careful.

"Alright, I'll see y'all later." Darry said before leaving, Pony and I the only ones home now.

"Well, what're we gonna do?" He asked.

"I don't know. Skydive?" I said sarcastically as I stretched out on the couch.

"Very funny." He replied, moving my feet and sitting down on the end of the couch. "Wanna watch another movie?"

"Put on To Kill a Mockingbird."

"Finally, someone in this house has good taste in movies. I hate The Sound of Music." He groaned, getting up and putting the movie on.

"Ponyboy Michael, I picked that movie!" I said, feigning anger.

"Yeah, well, I'll write that one off as a lapse in judgement." He teased before sitting back down.