Chapter 20 - Raving

I set the food bags on Mr. S' desk at the station while Stiles moves a chair over for me to sit down.

Stiles had stopped by the house earlier asking if I wanted to have dinner with them at the station, and not being one to pass up food that doesn't come out of a box this evening, I happily agreed.

Once I'm settled in the chair, I hand Mr. S his containers of food and Stiles sets our drinks in front of each of us.

"Thank you," Mr. S takes his burger in his hands and lifts it to us with his nod of thanks before he takes a bite and immediately scrunches up his face while he glares at the burger, muttering around his mouthful "Oh, what the hell is this?"

I look over the desk at him and hand Stiles his food as he answers his dad "Veggie burger."

Mr. S flicks his eyes between us "Guys, I asked for a hamburger."

Stiles sets his food container in one hand and lifts the other towards his dad "Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy."

I smile when Mr. S swings his eyes in between us and we both lift up our salads pointing to them like they're the fountain of youth lettuce version

Mr. S glares and shakes his head at us before opening the containers that usually hold fries but we opted for veggies "Oh, hell, why are you two trying to ruin my life?"

I shrug gaining his attention "We're trying to extend your life Mr. S."

He sets his hands softly on the desk "Addy– kid, for the love of your sweet soul, how many times have I told you to call me Noah?"

I shrug one shoulder and stab my salad with the fork mumbling "Enough that I should probably listen" before taking the bite.

They share a chuckle and Stiles lifts a hand to his dad and points at the food in front of him "Okay? Could you just eat it, please? And tell us what you found."

Noah flicks his eyes back to Stiles and jerks his head back "No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with teenagers" hey now, we have seen some shit

Stiles reaches for his drink and sits up in his seat a little, his eyes drifting to the wall behind Noah "Is that it on the board behind you?"

Mid chew, I flick my eyes up to the board as Noah looks over his shoulder at said board and quickly turns back to us lifting his hand slightly up from the desk "Don't look at that."

Stiles makes a noise and moves around in his seat, leaning opposite ways of Noah who continues to warn "Avert your eyes."

Ignoring that, Stiles just continues to move around taking in as much of the board as he can while I continue to chew and tilt my head whichever way Noah isn't blocking.

"Okay," I take a drink and subtly as I can flick my eyes around the board myself which he now notices "Hey– Addy, come on you guys–"

"Just– it's just–" I widen my eyes in mock innocence and shrug when I connect my eyes with him and admit "I see arrows."

Stiles hums in agreement "Right, arrows pointing at pictures– just everywhere all over the–"

Noah lifts his hands up off the desk "Okay, okay, stop– fine," dropping his voice to a whisper Noah mutters "I found something– Mechanic and the couple who were murdered. They all had something in common..."

Stiles furrows his brows and looks over to me quickly as he questions back "All three?"

Noah nods and looks to Stiles "Yeah. You know what I always say. One's an incident. Two's coincidence–"