five! ⋆ LIKE YOU'RE IN LOVE

( songs for the chapter )⋆ everybody loves somebody // dean martin ⋆ lovin', touchin', squeezin' // bon jovi⋆ this isn't you  //  the st soundtrack

everybody loves somebody // dean martin
lovin', touchin', squeezin' // bon jovi
⋆ this isn't you // the st soundtrack

( songs for the chapter )⋆ everybody loves somebody // dean martin ⋆ lovin', touchin', squeezin' // bon jovi⋆ this isn't you  //  the st soundtrack

KATE DIDN'T KNOW BARBARA HOLLAND. They'd gone to school together practically their whole lives', but their first actual conversation was by Steve's pool, surrounded by tipsy teenagers. The two of them watched in disgust as Tommy chugged another beer, before smashing the can on his head, a loud belch leaving his lips.

"How are you friends with them?" Barb asked.

"I'm not really," Kate answered with the shake of her head. Her response was followed by a knowing look from Barb. While she spent a lot of time with Tommy and Carol, she wouldn't actually classify herself as friends with them – not close ones anyway. It was an odd friendship, but she'd never compare the relationship she had with Steve to the one she shared with the other two.

"They're not too bad when you get to know them," Kate assured. "I used to stay with Carol a lot when me and my dad weren't really talking, and Tommy drove me two hours to the emergency room the night I broke my leg... They're good people when they want to be."

Barb merely watched as the blonde reminisced on the memories with a smile, before wondering aloud: "What about Steve?"

"What about him?"

"Everyone else might be blind, but I'm not."

"Is that right, four eyes?" Kate joked, laughing with the redhead.

"I can see the way you look at him," Barb said, causing Kate to furrow her brows. She rolled her eyes sarcastically at the oblivious girl beside her. "Like you're in love with him, Kate."

"You're wrong," was all the blonde could say; still a bit taken aback from the exposition.

"Just calling it like I see it."

With that, the conversation ended and the two turned their attention back to Tommy who was chugging another can of beer. While Barb laughed at the show in front of them, Kate couldn't find herself to. She was too busy dwelling on the fact that, maybe she was in love with her best friend. She'd spent her whole life thinking that her and Steve were platonic soulmates – best friends who practically shared the same soul – but it never occurred to her that maybe they were just soulmates.